Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom mobile app trial activated by itself

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I downloaded the free mobile app on my phone to check it out (i have never used Lightroom before). I am a complete novice and interested in basic editing - not the premium tools. I had no intentions to start a trial version, yet somehow when I clicked on a website when googling Lightroom on my desktop, it has somehow activated the mobile app 30-day trial enabling premium tools. I didn't agree to any of it.

My questions are:

1) Is there a way to pause this trial until a time that I have adequate knowledge/ability/time to make use of the premium features?

2) Can somebody confirm what will happen to my free mobile app once the 30-day trial expires? Will I still be able to use the basic free features - yes or no?

3) Does this also mean that I have a trial of the desktop version of Lightroom?!

Very annoying this has happened. Adobe chat has not been much help to me as they were unable to answer any of my questions above pertaining to this. The only trial they could find under my account was an old adobe acrobat trial.

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Visiting lightroom.adobe.com and signing into the same account you used in the mobile app will start a 30-day Trial that both the mobile and LR Web app can see.  After the Trial ends, the LR Web app will no longer work without a subscription, but the LR Mobile app will revert to the previous free-use functionality.

Kind regards,

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you activate the trial of premium features by accident? It should be possible to cancel subscriptions from your purchases in Apple app store or iTunes or if using Android from your Google Play account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 99jon! Thanks for your reply. No, the only thing I did was go to lightroom.adobe.com while googling how to use Lightroom. As soon as I clicked into that particular adobe lightroom webpage, I saw a sign pop up that said "30 days left" both on that weblink and also on my mobile app. Previously the mobile app had the premium features locked. So somehow by accessing the Lightroom website, it activated an automatic trial. I'll see if there's a way I can cancel on Google Play.

I just really don't want to lose the basic functionality of the free app once this 30-day trial expires....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Visiting lightroom.adobe.com and signing into the same account you used in the mobile app will start a 30-day Trial that both the mobile and LR Web app can see.  After the Trial ends, the LR Web app will no longer work without a subscription, but the LR Mobile app will revert to the previous free-use functionality.

Kind regards,

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification. I am happy to hear the mobile app will still work afterwards.

I think it would be great if Adobe give a warning notification first before activating the trial when logging onto that website.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your feedback and suggestion is appreciated. 

If you have any issues after the 30 day trial ends, please post back here so we can help further. 

--Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this happened to me today, it's very weird and i don't like it, no warning not even notification 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using the free version of Lightroom for mobile, and then visit our Lightroom web site, this may start a free 30-day trial that the mobile app will also see and use.  After the 30 day trial period ends, your mobile app will stop syncing new photos and edits to cloud storage but you can continue to use the Lightroom Mobile app for free just like before the trial started.  There is no obligation to buy unless you wish to sync your photos to cloud storage or use server related features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also experienced it. I havent sign in the website.

I only did install 'creative cloud app' and sign in there.

When I asked to pause it(no time to try it), Helpcenter told me that they cant find any plan under my account.(Even thought I can check my plan named 'creative clound free membership'). 

They asked me to double check my plan and they didnt even know what is 'creative cloud free membership'.

anyway, An activated button or notice should aware us.

I lost a chance to try it!before I subscribe it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines