• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom on multiple computers

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lighroom on two computers, a laptop and a desktop.  My library contains about 40,000 images and for years I've been syncing everything manually but it's a real pain.

Is there a way to put all my photos in the cloud (even Adobe's cloud), organize them the same way I have them on my hard drive (SSD) and have all my presets, keywords and catalogue on the cloud so no matter which computer I use everything is always up to date and secure?  I'd also want to keep an archive of what's in the cloud and have it stored off site...just in case.

If this is possible...how?  And how would I upload all my images and existing LR data (catalogue etc.)

Thanks so much for your suggestions and help.

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The cloud organization is quite different than the desktop organization in LrC. Lightroom for the cloud organizes in albums. It is not possible, in Lightroom, to upload your existing catalog. If you choose the option to migrate your catalog then all of your images will be migrated to the cloud, but organization will be completely different and Lightroom Classic will not be your managing software anymore.

If you create collections in LrC and share those collections then they can be viewed on other devices and edited on those devices. However, again, the organization will not be the same as on the original computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines