• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost all images after Lightroom update - macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Mac from Mojave to Catalina, and Lightroom would no longer work on the new operating system.  I signed on to Adobe creative cloud to simply update Lightroom, but it seems like it is starting me from scratch as a new user.  There are no photos in my catalogue!!!  Is all my work gone?!?!?!  Help!!  Thank you in advance.  

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katie,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

Sorry to hear about the lost images, could you please let us know the version of Lightroom installed on the computer? You can verify the version by going to Help > System Info

Also, if you're using Lightroom Classic, try checking the pictures folder the computer you'll find a Lightroom folder there and in that folder you may find a .lrcat file, try open that file and let us know if that's the catalog you're looking for.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Lightroom or Lightroom Classic? How did you sign in to your Creative Cloud account? Are you 100% certain that you signed in with the same login information that you used previously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you downloaded and installed Lightroom. You need Lightroom Classic however.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I just recently got my computer fixed and I unfortunately upgraded it to Catalina and was unaware that I would not be able to use my Lightroom. I am no longer able to access any of my photos on there it says I have to delete Lightroom because it's going to harm my computer. I have thousands of photos on there I'm going to lose if I'm not able to get access to it again. I've already tried logging in here and my photos aren't on here. I have no other login and I tried to access the file like someone stated above and wasn't able to open it. Please help me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom is not going to harm your computer and I'm sure it doesn't say that either. It's probably just a permissions issue. Do not uninstall Lightroom, because you may not be able to reinstall it.

Please post a screenshot of the error message(s) you get, because you are so confused that it becomes unclear what is going on. Embed the screenshot(s), don't attach them. Use this button:

Embed screenshot.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines