• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Mobile does not import geotagging info if they are from an other source then the iPhone camera

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping that iOS 13 would solve/improve the issue. With the Public BETA 3 More is working now but it fails in the end.

The goal is to geotag RAW photos from a LUMIX before importing them into LightRoom Mobile

1. In iOS Photos I create a folder on the iPad named “from SD card”
  2. I import the RAW pictures from the camera using the Apple sd card reader into the folder “from SD card”
  3. I use Geotag Photos PRO to geotag the photos in the folder  “from SD card”
  4. I check in iOS photos and they are indeed geotagged  
  5. I import into Light Room MOBILE and the geotags are missing
  6. When I import pictures taken with the iPhone camera and then to an import into LR mobile the geotags are there

This means LR mobile rejects/ignores geoatting information wihch is sufficient from iOS Photots

Can anybdoy think about a work around ?

Many thanks in advance.

regards

Christian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Precisely  how are you importing the files into LR mobile? Are you doing the tagging first, then importing manually, or are you using LR Mobile's auto import feature, in which case it might be importing as soon as you get the files onto the phone and before you get a chance to tag them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines