• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrating photos from Lightroom Mobile to Classic

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need some help getting some photos out of the cloud and into the folder hierarchy on my desktop. Sounds like a straightforward migration from Lightroom Mobile to Classic, but I think I've complicated things a bit. To explain:

I was a long-time user of Lightroom Classic on my laptop, so I had a few thousand photos stored locally on my laptop's hard drive. Then my laptop started to die, so I downloaded Lightroom, signed up for an account, and uploaded all my original photos to the cloud. The next day, my laptop finally completely died.

Next, I purchased an iPad Pro to replace my laptop. When the iPad arrived, I downloaded Lightroom Mobile, signed into my Adobe account, and happily continued adding photos and editing them there. No problems yet.

I have since upgraded again to an iMac running Lighroom Classic, and I'd like to download all my original photos from the cloud. The photos I have taken since upgrading appear on iMac's SSD in the Navigator panel. These have been synced with Lightroom Mobile via a Collection. But all the originals I uploaded to the cloud do not--all I see are previews.

How should I go about downloading the original photos from the cloud so that they are stored locally on my iMac's SSD? Also, how should I go about deleting the originals from the cloud and replacing them with previews so I can continue editing them on my mobile devices?

Thanks! Your help is greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?