• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to Lightroom need help

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased Lightroom 5.5 after updating my Mac to Big Sur, i formally used an old version of Lightroom which no longer worked with Big Sur .

I'm trying to find my why round this newer version and there are a couple of things i can't find.

History of what i had done to an image and in the filmstrip at the bottom on the older version there was an icon on an image if i had done any work on it now there is nothing on the image.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

The features you are looking for are in Lightroom Classic (the version that stores images locally on the computer hard drive), but those features are not available in Lightroom 5.5, the cloud version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Adobe's marketing is extremely confusing. Lightroom 5.5 is NOT the new version of Lightroom. It is a port of the version of Lightroom for mobile operating systems to desktop operating systems. It stores all your image in the cloud but It misses many features that you might have been aware of before. The new version of Lightroom is called Lightroom Classic. It is far more powerful and stores your images locally. To switch you need to get with adobe support to switch your subscription to one that

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The features you are looking for are in Lightroom Classic (the version that stores images locally on the computer hard drive), but those features are not available in Lightroom 5.5, the cloud version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to the post from Jim, :

COMPARE LR & LR-CLASSIC (Lr Queen)

If you do not have the PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN you will need to Change Plans to have Lightroom-Classic.

CHANGE YOUR ADOBE PLAN

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's marketing is extremely confusing. Lightroom 5.5 is NOT the new version of Lightroom. It is a port of the version of Lightroom for mobile operating systems to desktop operating systems. It stores all your image in the cloud but It misses many features that you might have been aware of before. The new version of Lightroom is called Lightroom Classic. It is far more powerful and stores your images locally. To switch you need to get with adobe support to switch your subscription to one that includes Classic. The cheapest is the photography plan that also includes photoshop.  You might actually have this plan but installed the wrong Lightroom so check that first. Many people fall for this marketing confusion. Cloud based Lightroom can be useful for some people as all your images are in the cloud and will look the same in every device but you miss many features unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jim and Jao i found in the ceative cloud that Lightroom Classic was there waitng for me to download so happy days Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines