• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Offline workflow

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I travel with a 1TB IPad and at home I use Lightroom Classic CC on a Windows 7 desktop. While traveling I use the Apple "Camera Connection Kit" (an SD card reader) to copy pictures to the IPad. I would love to use Lightroom Mobile to cull, rate, and lightly edit pictures WITHOUT Internet. Once home I would love to import pictures from IPad to my desktop, via USB cord, to my desktop computer and to my LR Classic library, again WITHOUT Internet. I have no need to bog down this workflow by uploading and downloading hundreds of GB of RAW files to/from the Internet. Can this workflow be accomplished? Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I can't think of a way you could do that. Without allowing the iPad images to sync to the cloud and then down to Classic you would lose any editing work that you do on the iPad, and there's no other way of accessing that work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jim, for your reply. Wow. Can it really be? At the same time we're using ss drives and usb-3 to speed up hardware we're being forced to move around large amounts of data in the slowest possible way? That makes no sense. I hope Adobe will fix this mess. In the meanwhile I will continue looking for another way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IIRC, there's a long-standing feature request at the official Adobe feedback site, requesting a local LAN sync option as well as the current cloud sync process. I suggest you head over there to add your vote to support that request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines