• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing with ICC profiles

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to print a photo and am having trouble accessing the correct ICC profile on my macbook pro. I have Lightroom CC and when I go to the menu to import the ICC profile I need, it takes me to Coloysync and won't let me import the profile. Any idea what I can do? I also cannot access it from my printing program. I can access other ICC profiles. I just can't access the one from Promaster. Can someone please help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you are confusing things, but first things first. What exact version of Lightroom are you using? "Lightroom CC" is an old name. Go to Help - System Info and check there.

Lightroom Classic can print and use ICC-profiles to do so, but there is no 'Import ICC-profile' menu. You can add ICC-profiles in another way. The 'Import profile' option is to import DNG camera profiles, not ICC-profiles, which are different. Lightroom (desktop) cannot print at all. Again it has a menu to import DNG camera profiles, not ICC-profiles.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification. I don't have Lightroom Classic. What I have is the cloud-based LR. I tried printing from the preview program on my 2017 Macbook Pro. I also saw online that I can print from the ColorSync app. I cannot access the ICC profile from there either. I know that I downloaded correctly and installed the profiles in the correct place. But, when I try to print, I cannot access the profiles. So, my prints don't look as good as I want them to look. My printer is a Canon Pixma Pro 10. This is getting frustrating, as I need to submit my prints for an exhibit soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you cannot print from the ColorSync app. You can assign a default ICC-profile to your printer in ColorSync however. What you then need to do is export the image from Lightroom as jpeg or tiff. Then open it in Preview or another app that can print. 

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview still will not let me access the ICC profile for printing. It is super aggravating. Or maybe I am doing it wrong. How do you access the ICC profiles for printing in preview? What is the path? In terms of assigning an ICC profile to my printer, via ColorSync, my printer does not show up in the list of printers and I have not figured out how to add it to the list of printers on ColorSync. My printer is on the list of printers on the printers in system preferences though.

BTW, you can indeed open a jpeg in ColorSync and print from there. I have already done it. But, I cannot access the profiles there either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changed. See below how this works, both in Preview and in ColorSync Utility.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I checked again, and you can indeed print from ColorSync Utility. I didn't know that because I never used it for that. You can also select profiles, so you should be able to do exactly what you want. Open the image and select 'Print'. Press 'Show Details' at the bottom of the dialog. That will reveal the Color Matching options (this will look different for each vendor).

1 2020-07-15 10-35-45.jpg

1 2020-07-15 10-36-03.jpg

1 2020-07-15 10-36-22.jpg

By the way: this should work the same in Preview...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already said, you can't print from cloud Lightroom. If you want to print using a icc profile and you only have the cloud Lightroom, you should install Photoshop (which you should have too in your subscription) and print from there using files exported from Lightroom Cloud. The print dialog in Photoshop has all these options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Photoshop is not part of the Lightroom plan, only of the Photography (Lightroom Classic) plan. That is why I explained how to do it with standard Apple apps.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines