• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem import in iOS lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problems importing to Lightroom CC in iOS. I use the apple sd card adapter and have tried both iPhone X and iPad Pro (first generation). the unit detects the memory card and I can open the import window in Lightroom but after a short while the import will shut down and want to start from the beginning by opening the import window again. tried to import everything from 100 images and more but it is not possible.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Mobile Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

which iOS version are you on exactly? 
Do you know what kind of images or videos you have on that card?
Card type would also be helpful.

Does device restart help?

thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is iOS 13.3 

only raw photos (no film). Cr2 files from canon 5D mk III and IV

sandisk extreme pro 64GB

i tried both to restart devices and close all other software except lightroom 

the following happens;

1. I open lightroom on ios

2. I connect dongle and put in memory card

3. Lightroom ask if I want to import photos

4. import window opens; thumbnails start to show up

5. After around 100-200 thumbnails are rendered in importwindow Lightroom shut down importwindow and goes back to ask me if I want to import photos from the connected device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're clearly running into a bug, what would help would be to know the file structure of the sd card.
Any kind of diagnosis of the card would help.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any other device or machine where you don't have an issue with this memory card?
E.g. macOS?
Any info about the card manufacturer would help too.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, in addition to Ignacio's recent questions, can you try importing the same images into iOS Photos.app, and let us know if that suceeds or also has problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply- got the flu.

I tried the same memorycard, with the same Photos on different devices with the following result;

iMac pro and MacBook Pro both with internal and external cardreader - it worked without a problem.

i tried with other SD cards in my iOS devices (got the same problem on both iPhone X and iPad Pro (first gen)

I tried to import photos with the same memory card in photos.app on my iPhone and it worked as well.

is it possible to delete Lightroom CC on my iOS devices without loosing any work and then reinstall it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does it help if you update to the latest Lightroom Mobile 5.2.2 app and also iOS 13.4 that was recently released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines