• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-import photos on lightroom cc

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to re-import photos previously imported in lightroom cc? I have gone in to edit my product photos this morning and the photos I need aren't there so I must have accidently deleted them... I have attached my camera to import again and the photos are blacked out with 'previously added' on them when I hover over with my mouse. I have right clicked and the option to 'import this' is there but it doesn't do anything when I click on it. any help would be much appreciated, I don't have time to re-take photos!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

If Lightroom says 'previously added', then that should mean the photos are still in Lightroom. You haven't deleted them, just hidden them from view somehow. Check if you don't have any active filters.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Lightroom says 'previously added', then that should mean the photos are still in Lightroom. You haven't deleted them, just hidden them from view somehow. Check if you don't have any active filters.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  have the same issue but the images that LR grays out and says "previously added" have Never been imported.  They are not hidden in any folder, LR cc, does not even allow to mark for import.  This answer is incorrect for this scenario. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to "recently added" the photos should be there. It should be near the top left corner if you're using lightroom on your laptop. Right click on the photo you want, click "Add 1 photo to album" and select the album to want to add it to. Hope that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am also experiencing this same issue. None of the photos are in my recently added. None. It's only photos from my previous shoot. I quite literally took the photos from my camera, offloaded them onto my pc, then opened lightroom cc and started an import of them and it says a handful of them are previously added. This did not solve my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I entirely deleted the photos that it is not allowing me to re-import. They are not being blocked from view by any filter, they're just not there anymore, but lightroom still won't let me import them.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate your advice as i have a similar problem, My old iMac with LR6 installed broked down. I have now purchased a new iMac and have just subscribed to the LR Subscription. Fortunately I have been keeping all my photos in an external SSD, and I am now repopulating my photos into Adobe Cloud. I have managed to upload a few albums, but i am now stuck with another album because LR said that I had previouslyuploaded the album. How could this be possible since I am using a new LR from scratch with a new subscription. There's no way for my new LR to even access my old LR6 Cataloque. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem but its happening (far too often) with brand new images. Lightroom seems to refuse to import them. This is deal breaker level stupid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to upload it using the web version, it work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom for work and home, and don't have easy access to the web version. With all due respect, it doesn't matter that it works for you. It needs to work for paying subscribers as we use this service. 

I use the app. I want the photos to be instantly available, whether I've imported them or not, in the app. 

It's ridiculous that there's no option that says 'Import again and rename' or something similar in this app. 

Let me be clear: We constantly upload THOUSANDS of images each week at the media organization where I work. 

We upload to Lightroom, do quick edits and then forget about them. 

I'm sure this is a common practice for many fast-paced businesses. 

It is inexcusable to not allow the option to re-import a photo that's previously used. 

Please escalate my comment to management, immediately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  Exact same issue.  How do we even get Adobe's attention on this matter?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE YOU SUCK!!!!! LISTEN TO YOUR USERS!!!! I WILL CANCEL MY WHOLE CC suite and find something that  helps my workflow more than it hurts it p.s. i feel your pain everyone this is absolutely ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with those who say this is a deal-breaker. I use Lightroom for work and we have literally thousands of unfiled images in the system. If I WANT to re-import this photo so I can do quick edits, rather than scroll through THOUSANDS of images (totally inefficient; total time waster) to find the right image to edit, I should be able to do that, as a paying subscriber.

Please fix this. I'm not having it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same issue. Just go to Lightroom Catalog, remove the photos you want to import again and import as new catalog. Is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if the images have never been imported and LR cc keeps marking them as "previously added" ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been resolved yet? I'm have IG the same problem and very frustrating. I have a 8 hour shoot with about 1700 photos. Upload failed so I deleted all the photos. Now when I ru to re import says some are previously added"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm dealing with the same problem and there seems to be no workaround...I need to reupload them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the process of doing that now. Now it's a bigger issue because it's picking and choosing only certain ones to upload. Big pain in butt. I even renamed and made new albums and everything. Adobe please fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem but then discovered that by selecting a different year from the 'By Date' filter I could bring them all back. For some bizarre reason some of my photos will only appear if I select 2019 as the date - even though the photos were taken a week ago and have the right date in their metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update... That has stopped working now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a pain! I did find after logging into the web version is found some of the ones that were missing but it's still a cluster.

Wish there was a refresh or reset button. I mainly do astro photography now, so im looking into other programs that are not connected to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem when I wanted to go back and do a new edit on photos.  The photos were gray and did not show as new so I was unable to import and work on them.  I looked for the catalog and, for whatever reason, I could not locate it.  I was able to fix it by re-naming the files.  Lightroom saw these now as new photos and allowed me to import them...again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, however when attempting to do a new upload on those "gray" images, it continued to say Previously Added.  No solution on my end yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming them did not work for me... It keeps saying already imported. I downloaded mine from previous work Adobe account and want to add them now to my new account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines