• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

resolution dropping

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i really like this app (adobe photoshop fix) and what it has to offer, but when i am in the lightroom mobile app and choose to edit in adobe photoshop fix and then choose to go back to lightroom mobile the resolution of the picture drops a lot. this alone discourages me from using this application (adobe photoshop fix) on my phone. i really want the resolution to stay the same. if anyone knows if this can be fixed PLEASE let me know how!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem after exporting from Photoshop Fix, but then heard on the Fix forums that the problem is actually an issue with *Lightroom* on iPad (and maybe all mobile devices??)

So I tested it by exporting out of LIghtroom from my iPad pro and sending a photo through email to my desktop and yep, it drops the resolution without any real warning. (I guess choosing "maximum available" on the export screen I could have infered that it might not be the original resolution).  So I bet Lightroom is sending a lower res version to Photoshop Fix as well.   I had a 4458x5572 image drop to 2248x2560.  This really sucks and until they "fix" it, I can't do any real editing on my iPad pro, I will have to use my desktop if I want to export any image out at full res.

Note that I confirmed it that it wasn't Photoshop Fix doing the downsizing.  I emailed myself a full size image from desktop to iPad, I then saved the file to my iPad's Camera Roll and brought the image into Photoshop Fix, from there I made some minor adjustments and resaved it as a file which I emailed back to myself ton the desktop and indeed the image retained its resolution.  Also of note, on my iPad I also sent the image from Photoshop Fix into Lightroom mobile and it synced the *full size* back to my desktop.  I also tried to export from Photoshop Fix directly to Lightroom Sync, but I got a Network Error.

My process is this:  Take photos with 5Dmarkiv, using lightroom import via CF card in a usb 3.0 reader into windows lightroom collection that syncs to lightroom mobile, then on 12.9 inch ipad pro edit in lightroom then off to Photoshop fix for healing brushes and Liquify. (there is no spot removal tool in lightroom mobile yet) then save to a new sync lightroom collection (which is where the image becomes lower res).

Sounds like the Lightroom team has some work to do on the export feature if they want us to use it in a professional workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If I understand your workflow, you import into Lightroom Classic and sync photos into a Collection to Lightroom Mobile?

if this is the case then only lower res Smart Previews are synced to Lightroom CC.

Apologies If you knew that already and I have misunderstood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Selondon - Thank you so much for speaking up.  I didn't know that and am am shocked I missed that. Damn.

So even on the iPad pro, we are seeing a scaled down version of our raw files, not just a format change for display, but an actual reduction in the pixels, so when Lightroom CC hands that file off, it is doing the largest size it has, which in my case about half the pixels.  Man. I really think Adobe needs to make this more clear, I am sure I missed it somewhere, but for this 1 person user experience test, I had no idea.

Thanks again!

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines