Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync settings Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A am very confused,

I can not find where is the "sync" settings button in lightroom cc. In Classic Lightroom i could edit one picture and then copy all changes to else photos. I can not find this function in LCC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

You can batch edit photos in Lightroom by copying settings from one photo (command/control-C) and pasting them to any number of other selected photos (command/control-V).  You must be in grid view to paste settings to all selected photos.  If you are in detail (loupe) view then the settings will paste to only the photo that is showing in the detail view.  If you wish to paste settings to all selected photos while in detail view, you can do so using command/control-shift-V.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may come in a future update but is not presently available in Lr CC. You can save your settings as a preset to apply with one click as you move from image to image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what you're saying is, it is no longer possible to apply a previously configured preset to multiple images with one click? To apply to multiple images you have to click on each and every image you want to apply the preset to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the realization I've come to. Can't even figure out or find online how to get my rated pics into classic for actual editing since this cc is so gimp in that aspect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can copy the image with the settings you want and paste it to multiple image in lightroom cc desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No batch editing or syncing edits in Lightroom CC without clicking on each image one at a time? Are you freaking kidding me?! And I thought it was crazy that you can't rename images in Lightroom CC...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original question and response was posted over 2 years ago, and things have moved on significantly over the intervening period. Today it IS possible to copy edits from one image and batch apply the same edits to multiple selected images. Select the image whose edits you want to copy, Cmd/Ctrl+C to copy all the edits or Shift+Cmd/Ctrl+C to choose which edits you want to copy. Then select the images that you want to paste those settings to, then Shift+Cmd/Ctrl+V to paste the edits to them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done the copy and paste like you said but when I highlight muliple images to paste onto it only affects the first image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the most recent PC version and I am just finding that if you have alot of large photos open, then the Cntl-C Cntl-V operation may only copy settings to some of the photos and then stop half way through. I had to reboot or restart Adobe and then it allowed me to copy color/camera/light settings to all the photos. I saw that I had dozens of Adobe related processes running in the background and I was probably out of memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the current Version of Lightroom CC, this works only for single (!) images - can that be possible??

Ctrl + V is not applied to all selected images in the filmstrip, but just to the first.

This is a mess 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing things correctly? For Ctrl+V to work, you have to be in Grid view with the multiple images selected. If you're in Detail view, i.e. single image centre screen with multiple images selected in the Filmstrip, you would have to use Shift+Ctrl+V combination in order to apply the settings to all the selected images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well - still a mess.
It is not possible to simply select all images in a film strip and apply the same settings to all of them at once in edit mode, is a bad interface design if that is not possible for all images.

I have uninstalled the latest version of Lightroom now because of that and revert back to an older version, where it seems there actually is an option to sync edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can batch edit photos in Lightroom by copying settings from one photo (command/control-C) and pasting them to any number of other selected photos (command/control-V).  You must be in grid view to paste settings to all selected photos.  If you are in detail (loupe) view then the settings will paste to only the photo that is showing in the detail view.  If you wish to paste settings to all selected photos while in detail view, you can do so using command/control-shift-V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! That second option was what I was looking for. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am in loupe view I can sync settings from the most highlighted image to a series of lesser highlighted images, but the white balance does not work.  If, for example, the control image has been set to daylight, the remaining photos will show daylight after syncing settings, however, no change in white balance actually happens.  This process has worked for years and now does not (macOS Big Sur).  What's even stranger is the thumbnail in the filmstrip changes correctly for the selected photo, but as soon as I select a different photo the white balance in the filmstrip returns to the previous setting.  Click on the photo again and it shows the correct white balance, click on a different photo and it reverts back to the old white balance...  Why has Adobe done this???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not user-friendly or efficient at all. I'm better off editing in Camera Raw. At least I can batch edit there. This is ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont understand this either. Why not:

Mark all pictures > edit is applied to all marked pictures automatically?

Really disappointing user interface decision, @Adobe: please do not make things overcomplicated. If I select all pics in the filmstrip, a edit should be applied to all of them live.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines