• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering with Lightroom Problem

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook and I’m trying to tether with my A7III with Lightroom but the problem is, the import window keeps popping up but the photos are already auto imported. I already enabled auto-import but it still brings up the “import window”. For Auto Import Settings in Lightroom. My watched folder is “TETHERED PHOTOS” while my Destination folder is also, “TETHERED PHOTOS” which goes into a sub folder called, “Auto Imported Photos”. For my Lightroom “General” settings in “Preferences”, I have, “Show import dialog when a memory card is detected” box unchecked but every time I take a picture the import window still keeps appearing. This is very frustrating and annoying. Can someone please help, thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some comments-

1) For the Sony tether program- set the destination folder to something simple, like 'Sony' on the desktop.

2) Enable Auto-Import in the Lightroom dialog.

3) Set the Lightroom Auto-Import 'watched' folder to the 'Sony' folder (on the desktop). The 'Sony" folder must be empty of files (and I presume: NO sub-folders!) the first time you enable Auto-Import.

4) Set the Lightroom Auto-Import 'Destination' folder to one that will be in your normal Photos folder structure (My Pictures?).

Test your Auto-import process by simply dropping any image file onto the 'Sony' desktop folder. Even test the Sony tether without Lightroom operating! Then if you start Lightroom and it automatically imports successfully from the 'Sony' folder then there should not be a problem when the camera delivers files to the same folder. (and you have that "Show Import dialog...." unchecked)

If this setup still results in the Import dialog opening, then a Preferences reset may help.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines