• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert RAW to JPEG in the cloud to save space. (without exporting)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice to be able to select Raw pictures (such as .cr2, .cr3, etc) and convert them directly on the cloud to jpeg (or other). This enables photographers to save space, discard bad versions without fully deleting them and speeds up the process. Right now this is possible by exporting them to JPEG and importing them again but this process is really not convenient.

Idea No status
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , SDK , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you can do it by exporting/ reimporting but what if we could have s way to do this from the library, there are  always some point&shoot or old photos that you can live without their raw files. It would be awesome to save space in the cloud to be able to select your raws from the library and simply convert them to jpegs with their current edits collapsed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the suggestion! You can share this suggestion as a feature request here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/

This forum is monitored directly by our developers. They can look into the feature request & may implement it in a future update.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bernardo16B6, have you already made the idea/request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how you would expect Lightroom to do that. Lightroom is a parametric (i.e. nondestructive) image editor. In other words, no changes are ever actually applied to the master image. Changes are saved to the catalog which is not really accessible to the user in the cloud version. The raw images contain much more data, making them much more flexible for editing. I would never want to exchange raw images for JPEG images anyway, personally.

If you are saving local copies of your images you could export JPEG copies and add them to your online library and then delete the raw images. But hopefully you won't be wanting to do any more adjustments to those JPEG images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021