• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Allow for a second monitor

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where has the secondary monitor feature gone ?
I'm just starting to use the cloud version after completing migration (which took a long time). How many more basic features will be missing?

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
89 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also seriously disappointed finding this 4-year old thread. Partly because I couldn't even find a clear feature comparison between Lightroom and Lightroom Classic. So there was no way of knowing Lightroom CC lacked dual monitor support until after I started using it. I'm guessing all the pros (not me) are just using Classic. Everybody else doesn't miss the feature because they don't know any better. Disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*LightroomUser3 

I have not seen a clear feature comparison from Adobe. However, many third parties maintain one. Such as this one:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

If dual monitors was that critical, than you should have discovered this with when you evaluated the software. I think your assumption that people do not know what they are missing is funny. I used Classic for eight years, before making the switch to Cloudy a couple weeks ago. I have dual 4K monitors (one wide gamut, one not), and yet I am surviving just fine in Cloudy.

I have lots of issues with Cloudy, but as much I would like to see this feature, the reality is if you are processing this many images that you "need" this feature than you would not do it in Classic either. You should be using software like Photo Mechanic to handle that initial ingestion. At that point you can consider if Cloudy meets your requirements or you want to use Classic.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we all miss the dual monitor feature. It shouldn’t be a feature that’s removed because of some imagined work flow that obviates it. Many want it back - so come on Adobe please bring it back. This thread has been going for years now.  In fact let’s have triple monitor support! Go that extra inch!
And for those of us who feel it’s unneeded - just don’t use it. Lol. 
And I agree - surely any software author would do well to provide an official and trustworthy feature comparison when presenting such a situation like this to it’s user base. 
I know I like to feel a forum is a safe place to share opinion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*ben_bartlett 

Dual monitors was never removed. It has never been present in Lightroom desktop.

Yes, it has existed and continues to exist in Classic.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola! En Lr 5.0 existe la posibilidad de habilitar un monitor secundario para ver mientras se edita?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not possible to add a second monitor in Lightroom CC as of 2022. 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking about migration from C1 to Adobe Stack.
Interface of Lightroom Classic feels like 90's
"Cloud" Lightroom was much better but no dual monitor setup was blocker for me.
So no migration at the end and no money for Adobe. 
Well done Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this feature ever going to be prioritized? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope it is after they fix facial recognition.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought an older version of lightroom nearly 10 years ago. Loved it and worked great. It had a very nice dual monitor function. I have held off on updating to new versions (for reasons like this) but just had to now with new computer. I bought that version of Lightroom, and still hold a serial number to it. There is no longer a download or support for it. Now I am stuck with this awful interface with NO dual monitor feature. Total disapointment in this new cloud based software. Just awful, and I have to pay MORE? No way. Once free trial is up, I'm out. Get it right Adobe. You used to have such great products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin26287132vyiy 

You would be looking for Lightroom Classic. It has dual monitor support, and works fundamentally the same way it did ten years ago with a local catalog and file system for images. It does have some limited sync features.

Note: about 2017/2018 Adobe made what most people think was a horrible marketing mistake. They renamed Lightroom to Lightroom CC, then to Lightroom Classic and introduced a new product called Lightroom. The new product is cloud focused, and is missing many features compared to Classic.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have the same second screen option in CC as in Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add a feature to Lightroom where you can work across dual monitors.  It is very disappointing not to have this feature in the cloud-based program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If dual monitor mode isn't supported on the computer version, I don't know where else would be the better place for this feature. Adobe just doesn't seem to realize that people can use more than one monitor at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate