• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Boolean Search

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E.g. negating search parameters such as a certain person is NOT found in these pictures

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
32 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it's really the boolean search in Lightroom CC to be able to exclude keywords. My photos themselves are in general folders, meaningless, so I can't make a selection with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to switch over to use Lightroom CC more than Lightroom Classic as it is nice to use multiple devices (iPad, laptop, etc.) to work on the same photos. However, when I try to search for photos using keywords it will only let me search photos that have ANY of the keywords selected. This does not help me narrow down my search when multiple keywords are selected. I want to narrow the search down by adding more and more keywords not just add more and more photos to look through. I want to end up with a few dozen photos to work with for a project not a few hundrred photos that are not even related. Please add a CONTAINS ALL button to the filter using keywords so one can actually narrow down their search not make it bigger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need this as a way to know if I've published a photo previously. Search NOT and [keyword=] published. So I know which photos I have to choose from that I haven't used already. For all of us who use Lightroom with a web site and social media posts... how are you doing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adobe, where do we stand on this development, pls ?

It's been quite a long time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC Premium has a very high potential (Desktop PC and iPad), however at this stage, there are still a few very critical features missing:

The first one: it still needs a powerful SEARCH function. Being able to search with AND / OR / NOT is a real must-have. Currently, we can only search with OR. If you're looking for photos of one person AND his dog, you need to be able to include AND. Same thing if you're looking for several people together, or several people in a specific place, or with a specific tag. The search function needs to work for Persons, also in the people's tab (currently disabled).

@Adobe Lightroom team can you please tell us when to expect this basic feature ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More 'search' feature requests have been made. It is working but not all expected options are available. My library is of in incredible size of items and it is hard to get through. In the end I would like a more complex search query feature in the search bar. Combining multiple questions, and being able to include, exclude and combine, with AND, OR, NOT statements would be way much better. 

Queries like: search all photo's of a date range between x and y AND made by camera c and d, NOT metadated "xxxx" would improve my workflow dramatically. With work arounds I can manage but.. these are workaround for features which are quite common.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Complex search is absolutely required to find a photo in a sea of 55,000 family images.  Adobe brags about AI image analysis and keywording, but it's not very helpful without the ability to hone the search criteria.  Example: cars and Fred and not Emily.  I don't know how much longer I can justify paying for Lightroom vs moving everything over to Apple Photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate