• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Enable the pick/reject flag, star rating & tag function for albums shared w collaborators

LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insert the possibility for collaborators to be able to use the V (selected) and X (reject) flags in the shared photos and also the star rating. Additionally, contributors can't use tags in shared albums.
It is very important that these possibilities are active because it helps to work the photographs faster between the various teams to which the photo albums have been shared.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
35 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have shared some images from Lightroom Classic to thecloud using the collections and sync feature. 

I then opened and shared an album with someone as an editor and contributor. 

That person can not rate or flag photos, but they can edit and everything else.

Can someone explain this?? It would be very helpful if that person could have access to the rate and flag function.

Is this because the files were originally synced to the cloud using the Classic program, and not the new app?

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this because the files were originally synced to the cloud using the Classic program, and not the new app?

No, it's simply that the functionality to allow editors/contributors of shared albums to rate/flag/keyword the images has not yet been made available. To date, only the album owner can do that. Adobe are aware of the request, but only they know if they intend to do anything about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When my colleague and I are working together in a shared album, it would be great if both of us would be able to pick / flag images, not just the one who created the shared album. This would improve our workflow so much. 

We can do every thing else in the shared album, why not this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When sharing an album with collaborative editing turned on I'm missing the ability for the invitee to change the flag and rating on the image. I think that's an essential part of being able to edit, is this functionality missing or deliberately left out? Collaboratively deciding which images should be part of an album would be great and the reason for me to setup a second individual account for my partner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your feedback from Bugs to Ideas, as the current functionality is working as intended: only the owner can apply flags and ratings, while other members in a shared album can only Like and Comment.

To have a partner help apply flags and ratings would be a next level of collaborative permissions for the team to consider adding.  Thanks for sharing your feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have shared some albums in Lightroom, and invitees can like or comment, but I don't see a way for them to star rate the images. It would be really helpful when selecting images remotely.

Am I missing something?

simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's currently not possible.

I would imagine there's an existing feature request for this functionality, it would be worth adding your vote to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are sharing images from shoots with remote teams in Lightroom, although they can comment and like, it would be great to have the ability to have those with access to the albums to be able to star rate them.

Thanks,

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree as well, it would be great. My workaround is to have a round of selects for everything. I then create another collection of the liked photos and share that for a final selection. Stars would be better though. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We recently upgraded to enterprise so our teams could upload all weddings and share with our inhouse editor (as promised would work by Adobe support).  Then after we had to 4x our cost with additional licenses, we find out today that she is unable to cull the albums by using flag/pick or star features on any shared albums.  This is just crazy that this feature is not available at all and I am at a loss.  Can advice (other than going back to the old school way of exporting catalogs). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, this is a big lack in the workflow, I collaborate with other photographers and I need to enable they to flag and add stars to the albums. Please add this function!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agree, it can be simple but a must have for me that I collaborate with other photographers 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I share a catalog, even thought the guest can contribute by adding pictures or develop pictures, there is one thing he cannot do, he cannot change the star levels of the pictures.

This is a big issue because I would like others to help me rating my pictures, but this is impossible, even when I put "can edit and contribute". They can see the star levels of the pictures, but they cannot change it.

Can you please help me ? Is this a bug or I did something wrong ?

Thank you for helping,

Nicolas Frobert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you did nothing wrong. Currently the client/guest can do nothing more than apply "likes" and "comments". There is an existing feature request already in place for that functionality, so I expect that soon a moderator will merge your post with that existing thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone PLEASE explain to my why back in 2019 Adobe removed the ability for collaborators through "share and invite" cannot contribute by filtering photos with stars and "flag as picks"? 

I need help from my assistants to go through thousands of photos on my behalf remotely and they cannot do this in adobe. 

Why did Adobe remove this feature?! Does anyone know of a workaround? Please help.

Thank you,

Cody 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sidenote: with all due respect, please do not reply by saying "same issue here" - it doesn't help anyone lol. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for reaching out to us with your concern.

This feature request has come to the team a couple of times and a ticket has been created for this to be worked on by our Engineers. Currently some other higher priority efforts are being taken carae of but this will be touched as soon as possible.

Regarads.

Kavita Srivastav

Adobe Quality Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for creating a feature request for this. Realising this would really help me in my workflow and step up my services to my clients!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a major issue for me. We have just upgraded to CC for teams to add a new member and make use of the collaborative tools advertised, meaning that I have gone from an individual subscription of around £40pcm to two subscriptions of £60+pcm (total cost £120+pcm) so that my assistant can manage my photos, but this is not an option, so now I get to pay 3 times the money and have to do all the work myself still. I was actually hoping for ratings and delete capability, but ratings would suffice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a terrible implementation. I'm the editor, but I need my team members to be able to select their favorites images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way back in 2019, Adobe removed the ability to flag and rate images in a shared album in order to "support forthcoming improvements in sharing and collaboration."

Not knowing this because: why would I, I just stupidly handed off an album to my photo editor colleague, thinking it would be a fast way for us to collaborate on post production - and he can't see my flags or ratings. 

Here we are, four years later and it's still not possible to flag or rate images in a shared album in Lightroom.

I'm curious about the logic here. Ideally there's a way to collaborate on a project where someone else has permission to FLAG or RATE.  

Here are some posts asking for the same things:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-ideas/p-make-all-contributors-able-to...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/lightroom-cloud-based-not...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/star-rating-in-shared-albums/m-p/130971...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-ideas/p-enable-the-pick-reject-flag-s...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/shared-albums-on-lightroo...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-star-rate-images-in-shared-albums/idi-p/130...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/album-sharing-issues/m-p/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a great function and I too wish it would return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who do we need to talk to to get this feature available? There's obviously a demand for it. Some of us work in collaborative environments and not being able to flag and rate photos in albums we are not the owners of is a major hurdle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an idea for this feature request somewhere in the forum. I am just too lazy to find it right now.

If you look at history, Adobe does seem to allocate some level resources working issues with the highest vote counts.

I would therefore suggest you find the feature request (or idea as Adobe calls it), and up-vote it.

From my perception stand point, it does not seem like complaining in an existing discussion does much on feature requests. However it does seem to help with bugs though.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate