• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: External display support on iPad

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you connect an external display to an iPad, the screen currently simply gets mirrored. That's fine, but it could be utilized in a much more useful way. A simple improvement would be to only show the currently edited photo on the external display, similarly to how LumaFusion does it. Even better, however, would be to also alter the iPad screen to only show the sliders and not the currently edited photo, since it's already visible on the external display. That way the sliders could be larger and/or you could fit more of them on the screen at the same time. The iPad screen would then be fully utilized as a kind of control panel while the external display would only show the edited photo so one could see it nice and large.

Apple documentation for supporting external displays on iOS apps

This feature has already been discussed here, but since it was posted as a discussion instead of an idea, I created this post so others can upvote it.

Idea No status
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to new M2 iPads and Stage Manager, I think about heving my iPad Pro as my only casual computer in the future but it would be crucial how Lightroom fits that bill. So far I heard Lightroom doesn't support any keyboard commands (i mean you really just have to copy paste the stuff from the Mac-version). But I'd be more interested how it behaves when hooking up an external screen to use in dual screen mode. I would, like with a Wacom, like to use the iPad as a drawing display to do retouches while using the app for edits on the big screen. I can understand that the audience of professional users on iPads isn't big in first place not to speak of iPad pro users who use Lightroom, own a M1-iPad and wanna work with external screens. But I do sense a use case here, that, in terms of development, shouldn't be so far away from the actual Mac version and would really help making the iPad Pro a very capable production environment for photographers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate