• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Desktop: Ability to print

LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We really need a "convenient" way to print.  Some of us still like to create prints to hang on a wall.  While I know the printing is still available in "classic", to be able to move forward with Adode, an integrated print function needs to be added to Lightroom CC.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 191 Replies 191
191 Comments
Enthusiast ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is not. There are simple work arounds for the lack of this feature. So I am willing to be it is given a lower priority by Adobe. In addition, a full blown color managed printing system like Classic contains is significantly harder to develop and maintain.

Lastly, there are cloud printing solutions built into LrD (I have not checked the other platforms), for the occasional "professional" printing (such I will be using).

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Tim says it isn't available yet. As it's more of a feature request it will be merged with the thread where you can Upvote the request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that Lightroom (cloud) doesn't have printing capability is a huge gap for me. I can't understand why that would be left out. I love to print my work and hate that I have to export and then import into Lightroom Classic to take advantage of the excellent print module in Classic. Please, please, please Adobe, give us printing in Lightroom (cloud)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is still needed! Please add the ability to print to LR Desktop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a hobby photographer and after a couple of family events I went to the joy of building books, and print them. I do not live in the US to my printing options are not that easy, so a book module would be a perfect fit. Also, a print module where you leverate all the colections and edits you made, but focus on just printing, in different formats, contact sheets, adding some more touches such as sharpening etc is much needed. And we as consumers a map is sooo much wanted!

You could either add this to Lightroom, but perhaps it could be a better execution to build an app for this, so they sinergize with the wider Adobe ecosystem, and you could also build a printing marketplace where Adobe provides the platform/APIs. It could well be another Spark family member. It could be web, desktop and mobile. 

Sooo much needed. 

To be honest, I am fed up trying to use lightroom classic. So old,  resource hungry, dated UI, who wants that really?? But building books from travel, holidays, parties, printing your own big, awesome pics to decorate your apartment or office, man that is sooo cool!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add Contact Sheet/Proof Sheet printing to Lightroom CC. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add a print option for Adobe Lightroom! Why would I want to edit my photos and not have a print option. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kann man in „Lightroom ecosystem (Cloud-based) ein Druckmodul integrieren?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get this feature in your next sprint please or I'll go to a competitor - who doesn't have printing.... blows my mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we get a print function - for the sake of being able to create contact sheets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your helpful answer. You've saved me much frustration from continuing to look for a non-existing print function. I fail to understand its absence in such a fab program as Lightroom. Just having the word 'Print' listed on the File menu followed by 'Not Available in Lightroom' would save this disbeliever from a time-wasting search for the function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, PLEASE add ability to print to Lightroom cloud-based ecosystem. This is so basic for photography. About the only thing I would really miss from Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now we're at version 6.5 and still can't print from LR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 years later, still no printing 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the Cloud version of Lightroom ever going to get a print module and the ability to limit file size on export?
I use the cloud version for all my editing work
The only reasons I have for using the Classic version is the print module, and limiting file size on export. However, sync issues between the two platforms means I can't use them both on the same PC and sync my files between them.  Except for these two issues, my preference is to use the cloud version of the program. 

For now, I am working around this by exporting DNG files from the cloud version and importing them into Classic so I can soft proof them in the print module or export with a limited file size without syncing them between the platforms.  

Things would be a lot simpler if I could just do this in the cloud version without haveing to go back and forth between the platforms 

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate