• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please add red eye removal

LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprised there is no red eye removal (that I can find) in the new Lightroom CC. Am I just missing something?

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. This feature request is now implemented for the Lightroom Ecosystem Desktop Application (Mac and Windows). We will leave this thread active for those using the Mobile and Web versions of the product. Thanks to all who participated in the is thread. 

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Hi everyone, thanks for all the feedback.  We do intend to implement a red-eye removal feature in Lightroom at some point in the future.  We do not yet have a specific release date planned.

Thanks,
Ben

11/11/2020
Ben has added additional comments in this post below: 
Rikk

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 195 Replies 195
195 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add your voice to the thread on the feedback forum that's monitored by the engineering team:https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/lightroom-desktop-please-a...

This forum is mainly a user to user one 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to add my void to this voice to this thread on the lack of a red eye removal tool.  It is a basic feature in almost any photo editing software package I have used for many years.  I see examples on the web where folks can do this in Lightroom Classic but now we are unable to purchase classic  now because Adobe wants to force us to subscription model.  I am new to Lightroom and this seems like a basic feature not to have available.  Seems like a simple thing to add to the healing tool set.  You have the basic software to do this in previous tools. I am dubious about subscription models to begin with.  If I don't see a red eye removal tool in the future, I will probably drop Lightroom and move onto something else.  I would not have purchased Lightroom in the first place if I knew it was missing this feature.  I am going to write a review in the App Store to indicate this.  Thanks for listening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not having a simple red-eye removal feature is embarrassing......

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we get red eye removal on Lightroom cloud? It is a very simple and obvious missing feature in this otherwise great program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an authoritative thread for better tracking and response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I have Lightroom 4.2 and I would like to ask how to remove red eyes?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We currently do not have a Red eye removal tool in Lightroom. You can add your vote to the feature request to include this tool in Lightroom here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/lightroom-desktop-please-a...

You can also follow the thread of updates related to the developments on this feature request.

I was able to find a Youtube video suggesting a work around on how you can achieve ed eye removal in Lightroom. You can check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAz5x4tYtao

Hope this method helps you in achieving the result to some extent.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@benjamin_warde

Could you at least explain the intended/opinionated way you would accomplish this under the current feature set??  I guess some official guides right from the Product Managers on what is the current ideation of how the Lightroom cloud apps are supposed to be used will be of great benefit to us users wishing to use it really. For now it's frustration after frustration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just found a relatively easy solution:

1. (First time only) On mobile, you install Photoshop Express and login with your Adobe Account Id.

2. From Lightroom on your mobile device, share the image to Photoshop Express

3. Use Photoshop Express function to remove the red eye or the pet eye as needed

4. Click (touch) next and share back to Lightroom. 

5. You will find the image on the recently added section from where you could add it to the albums as needed, and you can then delete the original photo, or keep in the catalog it but remove from the albums where you add the fixed one.

Although it has a few steps, it works quite well.

I find a really pitty that Adobe Product Management Team do not release guides on how they "think" the product is intended to be used, so easy tasks such as red eye removal could be solved. Even if the solution involves another tool, I'd rather prefer to know it beforehand than having to find a circumvention myself which could be far from optimal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@martyn_williams_jd0oga3s57gp6 Funny thing is that this is already developed in Photoshop Express... Granted it might be a destructive edit, but I can easily think of a non-destructive way of doing it (e.g. metadating the edit). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, 

Sur Lightroom 4.4 (version mobile ou ordinateur), comment puis-je corriger les yeux rouges d'un sujet ? Le site adobe explique pour la version Classic, mais pas la version avec abonnement. 

Merci ! 

Please, how can I put right the red eyes of a subject from Mobile / Computer Lightroom 4.4 (version with a subcription per month)? 

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that in 2021, Adobe still has not provided a red eye removal feature in the new version (cloud version, non-classic version or what ever you want to call it)?  That is hard to imagine, but I cannot find it any where.  

Does anyone know?  I am really trying not to go back to classic, I love the workflow, but I keep hitting road blocks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating Status

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update, it is good to hear that it is planned.

Can you please share any information regarding the timing? Does "planned" mean "planned to develop" or really planned to implement soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make my life easier than u do in myself when I have red eye removal off on .y camera but capture the best portraits. In having to use masking but it's a pain with having to do 2-5 layers depending on if it's a red ring or full circle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been another 2+ years.  Do features ever get developed and released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

I have been trying to locate where the red eye reduction tool is in the latest version of Lightroom, however I  cannot find it. Is this function removed? Because it used to be available in the develop panel but since there are a lot of changes made to Lightroom I don't see it in the develop panel or any other panel for that matter. If you know where it is or whether it is removed please let me now because then I can stop looking for it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Despite numerous complaints, adobe have proven conclusively they do not care about their users. They basically misled us a year or two ago saying it was coming. They launched a subscription cloud model with a product that was Inferior to the desktop model and now they have grabbed out cash have said get stuffed to the many users who have asked for the correction of this oversight.
All we want is a product that does what it said it does in the marketing bullsh*t. Four years and waiting…but not believing them anymore.

Regards
Martyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. This feature request is now implemented for the Lightroom Ecosystem Desktop Application (Mac and Windows). We will leave this thread active for those using the Mobile and Web versions of the product. Thanks to all who participated in the is thread. 

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A "red eye" removal tool would be useful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate