• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Search for Duplicate Photos after import

Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't remember the last time I ever had to worry about duplicates but recently I imported pictures manually from my camera roll and it clearly has imported hundreds of duplicates (with identical filenames mind you). This exclusively happened to HEIC and JPGs from my iPhone's camera roll so it feels like a bug specific to iOS perhaps.

All this brings up the very odd choice of not offering the same deduplicate feature available within the import flow *after* the images are already in the library. In my case, that's hundreds of photos I have to hunt for manually, when the process would be instantaneous if the dupe finder was available outside of the import flow. 

It would also be incredibly useful to be able to group photos from the library that are not *quite* duplicates but very identical (think bursts or multiple edits of the same shot) and allow me to find them, pick the ones I want to keep and either delete or mark the others as rejected. 

I'm not quite sure what version of Lightroom for iOS I was running when the duplicated import issue happened but I'm currently on v7.1.0 if that's any help. 

Idea No status
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
54 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try once Remo Duplicate Photos Remover or Duplicate Photos Fixer for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of advices and nothing helped.

I ended up using this: Duplicate Image Finder 

I do not know how I have missed it - it can scan not only lightroom catalogs, but also folders and network drives. Performs true image analysis and can find similar photos even if they are stored in different image formats. I do not know how I have missed this tool - it has way more features than anything else I've tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad this isn't a thing yet. I've been moving photos from Google to Apple photos (my second copy of everything) and auto import as resulted in 40,000 odd duplicate photos in Lightroom. I certainly won't be paying extra for LR if I go over my 1TB, so might just cancel it and use Apple and Google as my two cloud copies (on top of my local copy and backups)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes images get imported more than just once. This can have many reasons, e.g. iCloud imports can be done from the iPad and from the iPhone. The result is that all imported images are stores twice in Lightroom. To select and remove these duplicates is a very time consuming process. Adobe Support told me, that there is currently no funktion within Lightroom to find and remove duplicates. This option should be available (similar to Photos from Apple).

Votes

Translate

Translate