• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Share folders

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom CC I can only share albums. I like this option, but I need it also for folders. At the moment I export all photos for my clients to Dropbox. They have permission to see specific folder with the folders (albums) for events inside.

For example:

Client 1
- Event 1
- Event 2
- Event 3

Client 2
- Event 4
- Event 5

Client 3
- Event 1
- Event 4

When I have the option to share folders in Lightroom I can cancel my activity in Dropbox, because in Lightroom CC I can change something on the photos an my clients will see this change without extra export. For this it would be also necessary to have one photo in more than one album.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
55 Comments
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to group hundreds of photos to share with my design team. I want to organize them, so I am trying to use separate ablums. I want to create a method that allows anyone on the team to add more photos and have them automatically show up without having to share them individually.

• I tried creating seperate albums and adding them all to one folder, but you can't share a folder.
  • You also cannot add albums to albums, so I cannot organize them that way.

Isn't this program meant for organizing and sharing hundreds of photos with groups of people? Is there a way that I have not been able to find?

Using the new Lr desktop version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree @celuck, this is a major design flaw in the program. Once given access, team users should be able to have instant access and collaborate on a whole catalogue. I hope Adobe prioritises this in its next update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My perception is no.

I believe the initial design centered around a single user sharing images to social media platforms; and having additional individual users participate in specific albums (think friends who join you on a trip).

I also believe that Adobe is depending a lot on AI search engine, and assume people just dump all the photos into a single album (the way Apple Photos and Andriod/Google Photos work).

My view is that Lr at the moment is missing significant photo management tools; and instead has been mostly fixing bugs and adding new imanage editing capabilities for at least the past year or two. 

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The initial design of Adobe Revel (Lightroom's Cloud Based Photo Storage forerunner) seems to have been aimed at family sharing, storage and collaboration with the ability for basic edits. These are the reasons I signed up back in 2012.

Whilst not for Professionals; Smartphones and social media we're still in their infancy, although no doubt the team may have had an eye on the developments there. It didn't seem to be in their marketing spiel though.

As I've probably posted on this thread previously, Revel could have multiple collaborative Libraries (in essence Folders) that could contain multiple Albums. So, presumably the technology and the knowledge has been there for years, it's either not priority or there may been hurdles to overcome.

I agree with you Tim, I think the team need to work on the photo management side that has been pretty stagnant, whilst editing has been developing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep. Crazy that you can't share folders with structure. Please allow us structure and different sharing capabilities so we can stop using dropbox and google drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate