• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: V8.0 iOS local storage

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the upgrade to Lightroom iOS 8.0 on an iPhone 13 Max Pro, even though all images were previously  stored locally in full size, on first app  run it said it needed to do some "housekeeping" and reindexing, and suddenly now needs to re-download thousands of images (that were previously there, locally, full size). Furthermore, and to make things worse, it seems to be stuck and there is no progress in the sync/download count. The same is happening on my iPad. There should be no need to re-download the albums/images to local storage, and this never happened in previous upgrades.

Why is this happening?

Ideas?  Solutions?

Idea Released
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Greetings all, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Monday night, December 12th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
37 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Longstag 

In addition the images-only album, do you also have other albums with videos which are still set for Store Locally?  I'm trying to understand if store-locally for videos is causing a logjam that blocks other albums for storing locally too even when they have no video.

If that doesn't seem to be the case, and store locally is set only for albums with images, are you sure the images are fully synced and available from cloud storage?  Sign into your account at lightroom.adobe.com, and check: do you see any images mentioned in an album called "Sync issues?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Charlie.D

I only set albums with type photo to store local. I can confirm that no other album containing videos is set to store local.

Don't see any sync issues as my iPad can store this album completely local.

When I login to lightroom.adobe.com where can I find the album called "Sync issues"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Charlie.D On the Lightroom WebUI I can see that all photos of this corresponding album showing up and no pictures shows something like "Sync Issue" if this is what you mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Longstag 

If you can't find the album called "Sync issues" then that means there are no issues detected by our server.  If you did see this, specific errors display on thumb tiles, indicating things like incomplete uploads.  Sounds like you are OK there.  I will send you a direct message to get more info about your images Store Locally problem.  We're not aware of any issue there, and I need more info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Charlie.D I just sent you the diagnostics.
Reinstalled the app on my iPhone helped indeed.

Hope you'll find the root cause with the diagnostics nevertheless as a reinstall and download of my albums localy is quite time consuming and anoying. 🙂

Please let me know in case you find out what happened with the pending sync so I can try to work around it in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Longstag 

I got your report, thank you.  Absolutely, rebooting the app should not be a necessary step for any workflow to succeed.  We'll need time to investigate this.  Thanks again for the details!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the next release is here and guess what! NO FIX The problem is still there😕

God knows what new problems this update is going to bring!

I am done with adobe for good.  My auto renewals have been cancelled and I will not be renewing them.

I have purchased ON Photo Raw 2023 and I'm so happy I gave it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to be sure before posting that I had not missed anything - a new release of the app came out, and the bug, reported almost a month prior, was still there. And, in the mean time, PS Express has new releases with bug fixes every other day. This is very disappointing, and disconcerting, to say the least.

Perhaps someone from Adobe (Charlie.D?) can jump in and help us - is there even an intention to fix this serious issue? For some of us this is show-stopper, essentially rendering the app unusable for the last month (unless we do some very time consuming workarounds, which will later need to be undone). I (and per the previous comment, others) feel like we are paying monthly for a service we cannot use, our workflow, on which we depend has been disrupted, and furthermore, now the question of whether we've hitched our wagon to the wrong horse is of big concern. If this is not fixed soon, the need to cancel our use of this infrastructure/app (which otherwise is great) and find a new one, will be very time-consuming and painful. After waiting a month, time is of essence now.

I hope it does not come to that, as I really do like LR, but we cannot keep sitting in the dark without knowing whether a solution is imminent, in the future, or not at all. This issue is serious enough that it should have been resolved by now. I hope to hear some good news soon.

Thank You!

...tal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not helping with the fix, but you could contact support and might get a few months without needing to pay the fee. At least that happend to me with the bug where everything was out of order because the sorting failed early this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @emoof 

The team is always working hard to deliver fixes and also new features, that serve the greatest number of users.  This problem remains in LR iOS v8.0.1 released recently because the team needed more time to make a proper fix.  I can confirm the issue is resolved for the next release planned for December.  I'm not allowed to share precise dates, sorry about that.

I understand your frustration, and sincerely sympathize.. And you are right to message us about issues and your thoughts on the app, your frustrations, etc.  All this is instructive, helps the team understand what's important!  Thanks for engaging with us.  

For your info, I will be on an extended holiday soon, not returning until January.  Adobe Community Pros will be watching, and can help escalate issues to the team if needed.  

And of course Adobe Support is always available to help with issues in real time: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are so many bugs caused every time adobe brings out an update it could take forever to fix them all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings all, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Monday night, December 12th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate