Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FMIS used just for recording keeps getting "The FLV segment cache is full."

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2011 Oct 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We're using FMIS 4.5 exclusively for recording streams from webcams via RTMP. We don't have a lot of load currently, maybe a couple hundred videos being recorded every day. Every 1 or 2 days the FMS starts logging "The FLV segment cache is full" and refuses to record anymore until a restart. I've adjusted the cache setting to the max for Linux:

SERVER.FLVCACHE_MAXSIZE=3000

I suspect that it's putting everything recorded into the cache, and refuses to record anymore when the cache is full. Why is it doing this? The files are written to disk, why won't the data be evicted from the cache? Am I misunderstanding what's happening?

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2011 Oct 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started monitoring the cache using the API call getFileCacheStats. Once "bytes" hit the FLVCACHE_MAXSIZE, we started getting "The FLV segment cache is full" in the log again, and recording was broken. bytes_inuse was still tiny. It looks like the cache just fills up and never evicts anything.

What do I do to remedy this? Restarting the FMS every couple days seems like a bad solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2011 Oct 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message you are getting is expected when FLV Cache gets full but problem if i put correctly for you is why does it gets full.

How much RAM do you machine has? I am asking you this question because you happen to mention 3000 is maximum setting - which is not true until unless its your hardware limitation. It was limitation in past when FMS was only 32-bit. So if your machine has more RAM - can you try higher setting and see if error goes away.

Secondly - whats your traffic like - you just happen to mention about publishing traffic and didnt mention anything how many clients are subscribing?

See this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3863804 - check if its same concurrent connections problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a 64-bit server with 8GB of RAM, so I can increase the cache size, but it looks like it will still fill up. We don't have a lot of traffic, only about 10 concurrent users ever max. On this graph you can see cache usage (green, left y-axis) graphed with connected users (purple line, right y-axis):

http://cl.ly/3f2i1b2k0U1T060Q2A2e

We don't have any clients subscribing to the published data. All we're using FMS for is to record video/audio. After it's recorded, the client may stream it to see if what was recorded is good, but then FMS never serves it again. Nobody else will subscribe to it. Another process takes the recorded file and processes it.

Can you think of what I'm doing wrong here that's causing the FLV cache to fill up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2012 Jan 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're still running into this issue. Every couple days our FLV Cache fills up and stops letting people start new recordings, and we have to restart the server.

Is there any way to just disable the FLV cache? We are not using FMS to distribute content, it's recording only. Please help me figure this out. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we are having the same issue with our FMS server 4.5.2 on Windows 2008 R2 64bits. Have you found a solution to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're having this same issue using 5.0.3. Three years later, and still no fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines