• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to publish a stream in .ts / .m3u8 format to FMS

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll do my best to explain what I'm attempting to accomplish.  I have live streams being pre-encoded / segmented in HLS format (.ts and .m3u8) and I need to publish these "live" to an AWS instance running FMS.  

Everything I've came across so far works using the flash media live encoder which I'm pretty certain I can completely bypass as I already have the streams being encoded and segmented. 

Basically I'm looking for a programmatic way to publish these straigh to my AWS instance "live".

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably I haven't clearly understood your use-case, but looking at your question, I feel that you already have ts fragments and m3u8 file with you, that you want to serve to clients, and a simple Apache web server can do this task pretty easily (HTTP PUT from your encoder and HTTP GET from yuor clients).

I dont understand why do you want to publish these ts fragments and m3u8 containing their URLs as live to FMS. You may also like to use the Apache that comes bundled with FMS for this task, but it will always be a vod stream, not a live stream.

FMS, on the other hand can on the fly package (HLS JIT module) and deliever (serve the simple Apache GET requests for ts from clients based on m3u8) the m3u8 file that contains the ts fragments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines