• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting a default T pose animation.

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exporting to Unity and I am now having great results.
I have a mesh that I import to Mixamo, choose an animation then export to Unity.
Unity works with the Mixamo well but htere has to be a default animation coming in with it else the model is subject to Unity's default transforms. With no animation the model drops to the 'hanging crouch' position which I can can seem to repair. So I chose a Mixamo animation and cut that down to 1 frame. This can be done in Mixamo or Unity.

The problem with using a Mixamo animation is the model jerks because the animation has a 'Live' positioning to it. What would be nice is to have a default static T pose animation of 1 frame. What I see is if Mixamo could set a default T pose animation from the model instead of selecting one or Mixamo supply one.
Is this possible or am I missing some option in the workflow. I still want to blend other Mixamo animations into the model in Unity but I will do that later. With animations in Unity the transforms fight with the Unity Ik also.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Character , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Mixamo has a T pose and yes you can just set the model to that instead of an animation... your workflow is coming undone at the import to Unity step which has nothing to do with Mixamo mate

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mixamo has a T pose and yes you can just set the model to that instead of an animation... your workflow is coming undone at the import to Unity step which has nothing to do with Mixamo mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. And yes I saw the Tpose download option. I ws thinking it was in the animations. I tried it but it bent the model too much. The Tpose option was too much conversion from the hanging position of the original.

I will Tpose it in Blender and work from there. Have done this many times.

I spent 6 months in Blender/Rigify with no luck also there are no fingers in the workflow.

I found Maximo gave me fingers and worked the porting work flow real well, which I appreciate greatly. After this find I was getting results in two days and can now go back and rework the Tpose in my models and end up in Unity with really decent models. Attached is the workflow I found. My assumption is once people found this out they are so burned out and spent too much time finding this they have serious time to make up and dont bother with reporting publically. I can blame them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this sounds like a job for Cutscene Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines