• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tutorials

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there beginner tutorials for Mixamo? I accidentally uninstalled Fuse and so I'm out of luck apparently to learn Fuse CC.  I assume you can do Fuse things in Mixamo?

Thanks for any insight,

Kevin

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Character , Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you uninstalled Fuse without making a backup you are indeed screwed... in fact if you believed the BS Adobe told you and allowed creative cloud to auto update then you are also screwed

you can still export a Fuse character (assuming you still have it working) and upload that model to Mixamo yes but the model you end up with will not have face blends (bones to move the eyes or smile for example) and is also different to the UV that we used to get from uploading Fuse models dirrectly to Mixamo from Fuse before Adobe killed it

there are old tutorials for Fuse and Mixamo but most of them are worthless now because the background code has been changed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for response.  I am out of luck since I din't pay attention to the removal.  But should not we assume Adobe will replace Fuse with something else?  Otherwise, what can you do with Mixamo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are plenty of tutorials for Mixamo, but many of them rely on a third party 3D software to build the character, or to incorporate the captured data to your scene.

The first thing I'd ask (now that Fuse is not available through CreativeCloud), is what are you using for your 3D pipeline?

(and a better question might be, "what do you want to do with the mixamo data"?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply and as you and Ussnorway mentioned, it appears Mixamo doesn't do much without Fuse.  I actually just wanted to see what Fuse and Mixamo were all about....I like learning new things and if it's in my paid subscription, why not get my money's worth?  

I'm not doing any 3D, but why not learn if available to me?  Sounds like there may need to be a replacemnt for Fuse.  My guess is Adobe knows what they have done.  I'm also assuming the evolution of 3D is changing and what you know how to do before is becoming streamlined in creation.

I guess once I get to play with it and either love it or hate it, I'll know if I'll be using it or not. My guess is Adobe will bring a replacement....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fuse and Mixamo are completely separate. You do not need Fuse at all.

*EDIT: You don't need ANYTHING at all, really.  You can download the models from Mixamo too. Just go to the website and start clicking on things.  🙂

So - YES - there is PLENTY that you can do with the results of Mixamo.

We use ZBrush/Cinema4D/Mixamo workflow.

Fuse was very limited in its character creation.  While it was a very easy application to use (compared to traditional 3D modeling, texturing), there are other applications (even free) that will give you access to quick solutions to template or parametric (slider based) models.  No need for a "new Fuse".

Although the attention has been moved away from Fuse development, there is development on applications for designers (Dimension), AR (Adobe Aero), and even for high end professional 3D material designers for film, game, commercial work (Substance).

Check out Mixamo - it's free to use.  If you're creating 3D animations,  you'll know what it's for and whether you will be using it or not.

Mixamo's advantage is that it's SUPER easy to rig a character and apply some motion capture data to it.

The only part that's missing is an Adobe alternative to making your own custom character. But for that there are a bunch of software choices, some FREE.  All you need to have is the ability to export as a supported file type (any good free 3D software exports to one of the supported file types).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So got mixamo website and it will guide me from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fuse was model making software that worked on a Mac... if you ask around then it quickly becomes known that 3D is a Windows users only club which is really why Adobe wanted the staff from Fuse

since then Apple Mac has dropped 32bit and just come out with M1... both of which have flipped the table on companies which make software for Mac systems so we can expect a long catch up period now

Mixamo is a dirt simple tool to rig human shaped models for their bones, it was made to use with Fuse characters and once had the extra option to add face blends so you could have your model smile or roll her eyes but that only worked with Fuse and is gone now... you can still rig a basic human shaped model (from some 3rd party software or vendor) but you need a machinima like Unity, Unreal or Iclone to play the downloaded animations or a simple 3D editor like Photoshop, Blender and C4D to stitch them together one at a time into a gif or movie file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

total novice here....so if I learn anything I'll be pleased!  thanks for insight...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines