• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using just animations for my commercial steam game

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, may i use animations on my own models for my commercial steam game?
And on common questions it says:

You can use both characters and animations royalty free for personal, commercial, and non-profit projects including:

• Incorporating characters into illustrations and graphic art
  • 3D printing characters
  • Creating films
  • Creating video games

-I just dont get the non-profit part there, they cant be commercial and non-profit at the same time right? Why its pointing non-profit? Or does it mean like we can use it for personal or commercial or non profit (like which one we want) ?

TOPICS
Character

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't matter what you use it for... clean your teeth with it if that is what floats your boat but you can't allow exports of the Mixamo assets

If I want Mixamo characters, animations or assets I have to go download them from Mixamo myself... if I can just get them out of your project then thats when you are in trouble

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, they can be used royalty free in any of those types for projects, whether it personal or commercial or non-profit 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, Can I use only animations (not models) for my own models right? I dont need to use mixamo characters i guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct, you can use only animations for your own models if you like.

The only case where Mixamo content can't be used is if the Mixamo content is the main product, like if you were packaging the animations with a character and then selling that package on something like the Unity Asset Store.

As long as the Mixamo content is embedded in your project, whether it be a game, movie, still image, music video, whathaveyou, it's all cool and royalty free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines