• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe discontinuing support for Muse

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was shocked when I learned that Adobe is discontinuing their support for Muse. I tried to call them to clarify but I couldn't get hold of  them.

What's the other website builder can anyone recommend aside from muse. I am on the way of launching my online store built with muse but when I've found out that Adobe will discontinue their support then there's no point of using their product

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Tech support for Muse will continue until the end of March 2020.  And Muse won't stop working until or unless the browsers adopt newer web standards that render Muse generated code obsolete which probably won't happen for  several more years.

Muse and Business Catalyst alternatives are being discussed and compared at length in the product forums. 

Exporting MU projects to native HTML, CSS and JavaScript files allows Musers to take projects to other code editors. 

See the Google Sheet.

Muse Alternatives - Google Sheets.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to check the Muse forum. And as far as online shops go my advise has been for years to simply rent a pre-configured shop from a big hosting provider.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tech support for Muse will continue until the end of March 2020.  And Muse won't stop working until or unless the browsers adopt newer web standards that render Muse generated code obsolete which probably won't happen for  several more years.

Muse and Business Catalyst alternatives are being discussed and compared at length in the product forums. 

Exporting MU projects to native HTML, CSS and JavaScript files allows Musers to take projects to other code editors. 

See the Google Sheet.

Muse Alternatives - Google Sheets.

Discussions

As I see it, Musers have 3 options.

1) Keep using Muse.  

2) Commit to learning code basics & working with native HTML, CSS & JS files. 

3) Start over with  another web design tool.

If the site isn't responsive & supporting retina-ready images,  it needs a rebuild anyway. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines