• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse contact form

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have designed up a contact form and i am having trouble in being able to put a text message in the different states!  There is one in the submit state, there is boxes for the other sucess and error, but I cannot seem to be able to get to type in a text message.

Please help

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Oh, I see, this is the reason why we were unable to change such a simple text state!

Because the theme developers tweak the codes and disable or change some of its properties.

You will have to contact the MuseThemes Forum or direct support and they shall help you with this query.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BStubbs,

I see this looks like a bug, will take it further.

However as a workaround, you can still edit the text, but first selecting the box then state and then the Text tool.

Now simply select the text you want with the text tool, and you will be good to go.

Thanks, for reporting though.

Best Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ,

here is our discussion…

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10126965#10126965

Regards

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I got you, thanks for the info.

Step 1) Select the "form received" box and go to "form message" state with the selection tool.

Step 2) Now choose the text tool from tools panel. now you should be able to highlight the text and edit accordingly.

Let me know if this is clear enough.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

have tried this, but still cannot get text in the error, success fields.  These are currently blank, no text at all and I cannot add text.  I can edit the progress field though???

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please copy only this „misbehaving“ form into a newly created, blank .muse document, and share this file with us using Dropbox, CC Files, or a similar file sharing service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

whats the best email to send this to?  I am going to send via wetransfer

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a file sharing service like Dropbox, CC Files or a similar one, and give us the download link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but what email address am I to send it to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why an email? Share it with the services, we told you and post the link here in the forum. You may follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Please: Only a blank page with the „misbehaving" form! There is nothing secret about a blank form!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, here is the link:

WeTransfer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, you met a bug. The question is, why nobody noticed this before.

I think, you are trying – just like me! – to double click onto the message field to activate the text cursor. Although this is working with any text field, in this message field it doesn’t:

Normally, changing the wording of the message filed works, if you don’t double click onto the field, but first activate the text tool in your toolbar and then click one onto the message field. This normally works fine.

In the sample file you linked post 10, even this procedure doesn’t work!

I’d like ankushr40215001​ to have a look at this!

Additionally, I’ll report it in the Muse prerelease forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guenter,

Yes I have already noticed the bus also logged it internally.

In above posts was trying to give the workaround which you have suggested.

Thanks for making the video, it will make it very easy to explain.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys,

ok where does this leave us now?

How do I edit these text areas.  The form not working is the only thing stopping me from finishing the site!!!

How do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is simple: You can‘t.

As we already noted, all is working, if you don‘t double click into the field, but simply use the text tool and click ino the message field. In your form, unfortunately even this doesn‘t work. You may try to rebuild your form, but I personally woudn‘t do this, because this bug definitely is no show stopper: If you test your site thoroughly, it should happen quite seldom — or better: never —, that the visitors of your site will be confronted with this alert message. This only would be the case, if somebody wants to send an email in exactly the time period, when you mail server is down. Quite unlikely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for sounding dumb, but how do i put in messages for those states, all change the message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video shared by Gunter above shall be able to help you.

The last we can offer is to take the required message from you and put it in the form on your behalf and send back the file to you.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please!

Submit success:

One of our team will be in contact with you soon.  Thanks You!

Submit error:

Please fill in all compulsory fields and re-submit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please find the file attached here - https://adobe.ly/2E68m5p.

I guess this is what your requirement is.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The site I wanted to make these adjustments is:

WeTransfer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. It looks like the form got corrupted because even after several tries, at last, I decided to remake it.

So for you also I suggest go and remake the form and it should work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

the form took a long time to do across all break points, is there an easy way to copy the form details and remake without having to totally re-do?  As I am currently working on twp sites and they both have the same issue!

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have done what was suggestered trying to start a new MEGA inquiry form!  But I get exactly the same issues, I can alter just the one state (progress) that is actually a default text message with the form, but I still cannot change the other three.

Have tried making a new page within site.

Tried a New site.

But no joy!

Can this form be exported in dreamweaver or equivlant and change the message there and then bring back into muse?  I just need a fix for this, HELP!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Is that form built using the native Muse form wideget or is it a third party form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse Themes!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines