• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse?

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

For those of you that haven't received the email around the Adobe Muse EOL, see the FAQ Product Announcement that tries to answer some the common questions around the announcement including the reasons behind the decision.

Before we proceed with discussing alternatives, the Muse application will continue to open on your computer. You will be able to continue to edit existing or create new websites with the application. Adobe Muse will continue to be supported until May 20, 2019 and will deliver compatibility updates with the Mac and Windows OS or fix any bugs that might crop up when publishing Muse sites to the web. However, it is quite possible that web standards and browsers will continue to change after Adobe stops support for the application.

While there is no 1:1 replacement for Adobe Muse at this stage, the FAQ link above provides some alternatives. Also, Adobe is making our own investment in DIY website creation and welcomes all Muse customers to join our upcoming pre-release program for a new format that will be introduced this year as part of Adobe Spark. Build a beautiful website—in minutes | Adobe Spark

That being said, I would like to open up this discussion for discussing other solutions and migration paths. It would be ideal if we could focus our efforts on the topic at hand.

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 2432 Replies 2432
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very sad news about the demise of Muse.   I feel for the many muse widget developers eg John at MUSE-FOR-YOU, who recently posted on You Tube in an up-beat mood, so I hope it is not badly placed optimism, bless him.   Adobe themselves state that Muse is the ony available software of its type, and I personally do not want to resort to these "drag and drop setups".   As a visually impaired person, and who's wife is totally blind, I have always strived to make my work accessible - alt-text etc. is very important.   Preran seems to be saying that Spark might be the replacement, but I am not so sure!

So it looks as though we all have some HTML, CSS and JS to learn, and whether I continue with Adobe is up for consideration.   I just do not get if you produce a winner, with no competition, and you ditch it DER!!!   Adobe shares (despite Mr Trump) are looking OK, so it is just a bad business move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi have you seen Blocs (mac only unfortunately) .... www.blocsapp.com, we've been looking at this for couple of days now... looks like this may replace muse for us... we thought of webflow at first but the subscription is too steep at the moment, give it whirl... 7 day free trial too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So excited to begin the switch today to Webflow.  And I'm jettisoning Illustrator and Photoshop for Affinity.  Can't wait till they come out with Publisher 2018, their alternative to InDesign.  Farewell, Adobe.  Nice knowing you.  (Until now.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I see :

- the site of adobe muse "Site of the day", I say to myself that adobe does not want to see the reality of the market of the sites "tailor-made" far from the unmarked DIY.

- innumerable ecosystem sites based on widgets and many followers, I am saying that Adobe is neglecting its customers.

We read in the press that Adobe is a multinational focused on its listing on the stock market thanks to products like Photoshop or Illustratror ... but then after giving a great tool to its customers, it withdraws it because we are shit against the shareholders ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, Photoshop is getting left in the dust for marketing in China.

Yahoo Finance:

Forget Photoshop, Adobe's fastest-growing business is marketing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEY ADOBE LISTEN UP!!!!!!!!! REMOVE THIS PAGE FROM YOUR SITE!!!!!!!!!!! Buy Adobe Muse CC | Design and build websites without coding WHY DO YOU STILL HAVE THIS UP AND MAKING PEOPLE THINK YOU ARE STILL SELLING IT WHEN YOU HAVE DESTROYED IT. APRIL FOOLS IS OVER GET RID OF IT. IT IS DISGUSTING THAT YOU ARE MAKING PEOPLE BUY IT WHEN IT WILL NOT BE THAT MUCH AS USABLE. END IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team is working towards adding an announcement as also letting users know during purchase that this product is under EOL. For any user that purchases inadvertently post the EOL announcement, we are issuing a full refund. If you  know of a person in such a situation, please ask them to contact us Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we get a full refund for the years that we used it thinking that we be able to use for years to come? Because now, I don't trust using it and need to redesign my sites from scratch. They gave me 3 months free, which is laughable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO IT IS FREAKING SIMPLE TAKE IT DOWN!!! HOW HARD IS THAT?? WHY ADD EXTRA STEPS OR EVEN YET CHANGE THE PAGE TO UNABLE TO SELL FOR SUCH REASONS!!! HOW LONG ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO HAVE IT UP!!!!!!!!! FEW MORE DAYS??? FEW MORE WEEKS??? COUPLE MONTHS??? A YEAR??? ALL OF YOU ACT SO SMART BUT YOU LEAD PEOPLE TO MADNESS.

It is Adobe's webpage have the site controllers change it for "F" Sake. So smart at ruining people's businesses and livelihood but not so smart at changing a webpage. You developers are a freaking joke, move onto wix, weebly or wordpress maybe you will learn something. I am done with Adobe, I am removed all my products and I am in a up hill battle with at getting my money back that I have purchased for a yearly subscription. I have a lawyer we are working out at getting my money back. I am done. I can never trust you even again. I have told many on every social media and other businesses I have work for, as well client that use your products. I am sorry to those that work under the corporate evil that may lose their jobs slowly but I am telling many of whom I know companies and businesses of Adobe's trouble demise and how they only care about their pocket book not their customers. The battle is on!!!!

FYI there is business gathering that is planning to hire super lawyers. If things all go according to plan, Adobe will be hearing from them real soon. Enough is enough!!!

Also stop sending email threats to users on here ADOBE!!!! We know what you are doing!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will we be able to serve Spark sites from BC? Will the liaison be the same? I too find it distressing that the Spark upgrade was not in place before the Muse announcement. Unless you WANT to lose your current middleweight customers to third parties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JohnSerembe  wrote

Will we be able to serve Spark sites from BC?

No.  Business Catalyst will  be EOL soon, too.

What will be your alternative platform now that BC is dead?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JohnSerembe  wrote

Will we be able to serve Spark sites from BC?

Do you really want to since it too was declared EOL ?

Adobe announces the End of Life for Business Catalyst

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, get something like 'fetch' software that will easily upload all of your files to another host. It's not difficult. Save your Muse files in a folder on your desktop, open fetch which will be connected to your new hosting site, copy your files and paste them into the folder you created on your hosting site through fetch. You don't need BC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose the five free Creative Cloud subscription BC sites will be dead as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has all the BC EOL related details in the link I posted above.

Here it is again:

Adobe announces the End of Life for Business Catalyst

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Argh! Did not know that. Fabulous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the current and future status of Dreamweaver?  I was excited about what Muse had to offer until I saw this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kauaied2017  wrote

What is the current and future status of Dreamweaver? 

There are no plans to stop developing DW.

No more Muse, what about DW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kauaied2017  wrote

What is the current and future status of Dreamweaver?

As @Nancy stated ...

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

There are no plans to stop developing DW.

It is curious however that Dreamweaver was excluded all together as an app in the EOL announcement, by it's makers. But I guess with the focus moving towards Spark, etc., for the Muse crowd, then that may have been the reasoning to exclude it as an alternative to get them focused on Spark.

If you wish to move forward with Dreamweaver from Muse, you can review these links @Nancy posted for Dreamweaver extensions that may help you, build sites in Dreamweaver with various features more easily and quickly, if you want to make the investment.

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

Dreamweaver alone or with extensions from Project Seven, DMX Zone or WebAssist  will make you a star!

Other options similar to Dreamweaver, are Pinegrow, Wappler, BlueGriffon, etc., others which are more focused on visual, for Mac users are BlocsApp, SparkleApp, etc.,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dw continues currently! But Dw is not a replacement for Muse!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo  wrote

Dw is not a replacement for Muse!

Neither is Pinegrow, BlueGriffon, Brackets, etc...  Code editors assume the user has some basic coding skills.  

DW + 3rd party extensions make web design much easier though.   And the code is 1000% better than MU code because it's standards-based and portable to any HTML editor or hosting platform.   In short, you're not stuck between a rock and a hard place when the tools stop being developed.  You always have other options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought, but Dreamweavers live edit feature, should also allow a Muse created sites content, (text and images) to be updated, providing they are not in an iframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pziecina, What's an iframe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illostraight  wrote

Hi pziecina, What's an iframe?

Unfortunatly a lot of the 3rd party plug-ins and Muse itself for inserting video, uses what is called an iframe, which is effectively web site content from another page. So to change such content in say Dreamweavers live edit one would have to find the 'page' involved. As it is not part of the main pages 'code'  that one is viewing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines