• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse will not Sync with Online Web Versions - All Sites

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having to recover my MacBook Pro's entire system using a month old Time Machine Backup yesterday ( thanks to the car crash of the High Sierra installer bricking my Mac ) I have lost a months worth of work on all of my Muse Sites. I wasn't too worried as I was told that it would simply be a case of syncing each site with its respective online 'Web Version'. Adobe Muse should then update and all my past months efforts would be returned and Muse would have up to date versions locally on my Mac. Excellent plan indeed.

Nope!.... Not one. 

Not a single site (out of twenty!) will allow me to 'Sync with Web Version...'

This is an absolute nightmare that I find myself in and having crawled the Adobe forums can find no resolution even though this problem has been reported many times.

If there is anyone at all ( Adobe!!?? ) who may be able to offer a solution here I would be eternally grateful. It is going to be virtually impossible for me to recreate all the changes and edits that have been made over the last month let alone even find what they were.

I am in a deep, deep hole. Can any body Help.....!!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask, how you try to sync?

"Normally" this happens, as soon as you either open the muse file, which might be not your case, because you use a recovery out of time machine or this happens as soon as you try to upload your muse to the server.

This was my case recently. I changed location of muse files and so all credentials were gone as well.

I filled in all credentials completely new and as soon as I clicked: Publish to FTP I got "warned" that there are some changes and if I want to merge these.

So in my case it was more easy from the beginning as the changes were almost to none, just some details in text from the news.

In your case I suggest the following: Save your site as a copy on your ftp folder with filezilla/cyberduck/any ftp-app manually into a separate folder which you create new on your ftp – name it "original-site-copy" or something you remember.

Now, as you still have the originals site on your root directory (the copy of the site is still on the server in "original-site-copy"), try to publish with muse: Publish to FTP and see, if you also get mentioned about some changes.

Does this help?

I am of course not sure, what you already tried to solve your issue, so …

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe

Many thanks for your contribution here. I will try your solution and let you know how it goes...

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon,

sounds like a good plan for the weekend .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe

Unfortunately your suggestion has not worked.

Please let me clarify the situation as you may have further suggestions and I do appreciate your input....

It is the 'Local' Muse versions of the sites that have been but back to older versions (after having to reinstall my Mac from a 4 month old backup.) Whilst the online versions have all of the up-to-date edits.

I was assuming, but am unable, to get Muse to sync its local versions with the server versions.

Can you think of any way that I may be able to force a sync?

Muse appears to recognise the changes but cannot complete.  Very frustrating...

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 17.24.16.png

An example of one of the sites shown here.

Is there a manual method to add the files from the server version to my local version?

Any help gratefully begged for....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind marking this as Not Answered please? Just in case any one else may be able to assist. Many thanks for your efforts so far however

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can mark it as not answered only at this stage. Moderators can do, too.

Let´s again check your situation.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But in this case, there might be no right answer, than that– your older version of muse cannot sync with later/newer versions that are already published.

That´s the same that you cannot open files, done with Muse 2017 with a Muse version 2015.

You can only delete/save the more current version to another folder, upload your site with the previous version and make the edits manually.

You should try to update Muse first, make your edits and try again to merge.

All this only AFTER you saved everything.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have done this. Muse was updated to the same version before attempting to re-sync..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would the addition of an SSL Cert ( https://... ) have made any Difference with the Syncing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be. Where did you add the SSL Certificate to? This might have the same effect as trying to mix older and current versions of muse.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried removing SSL and still no gain.... Have had to unmark this thread as answered as unfortunately I am still no closer to a solution although I do greatly appreciate your efforts.

Anyone else have any suggestions??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can take it from here. I am sorry that none of the solutions have helped you so far.

Please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message along with the URL of this post. We will get in touch with you for investigation. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran,

I recently had the same problem. I only have two sites, but lost the originals on both my hard drive and Time Machine drive. I've tried recovering with Filezilla, and with Dreamweaver, but I'm not familiar with either of these apps, so had no success. If there is a way to sync with the web versions, or even to recover the files and assets it would save me from rebuilding both sites from scratch.

Thanks,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot see how to remark it? Apologies. New to this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran ..... have you solved the situation of adobe muse sync web version? Can you please us what's going on ... I have a series of my friends all with the same problem .... I no longer have words for my clients ... I already contacted Adobe support and nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try one of the ideas from previous posts here?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fotoroeder

Yes ... none of them work ... I've already tried several computers and several clients ... all of them with the same problem ... thanks for your interest in try to help me but this is ridiculous ... we've been waiting for months a result for this settlement and nothing ... no consideration at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank god I'm retired, and it's just my personal hobby sites that I've lost. I used Dreamweaver way back in the stone age before it became so ridiculously complicated. I remember how useful the "get/put" option was and it worked flawlessly. How hard could that be for Adobe to add to Muse? They're constantly "updating" all of their apps, but it's mostly just rearranging menus, and making sure we have to rent the latest version.

I wish Adobe had never bought Macromedia!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI PRERAN ... A few months ago I asked you the favor if you could help me in one of the many problems that we have had with the Adobe Muse ... in this case with SYNC WITH WEB VERSION. and once again .. you try to wrap me with one of your demagogues .... I would like to remind you that the following are your words published in the forum: Adobe Muse will continue to be supported until May 20, 2019 and will deliver compatibility updates with the Mac and Windows OS or fix any bugs that might crop up when publishing Muse sites to the web. ... what was done about this situation? Nothing ... absolutely nothing ... shameful ... what is the name you give to someone or a company that has these behaviors ? ..... where is your dignity or the company you represent? where is the respect for those who comply with the monthly obligations for years and years? Hope you have some dignity and solve this situation .... sad .... very sad.   the way Adobe treat us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines