• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Archiving sites - combining sites

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really know what to call this question, so I'll describe my situation. I produce a quarterly web magazine - The Isle - Cover- from Freeport LNG--

It has a desktop version and a phone version, I publish to Business Catalyst.  When the Quarterly issue is replaced by the new issue, I need to archive the old issue. There is a list of links on the archive page to old issues.

I had been uploading the out of date issues to a special folder i.e.: http://www.theisle-gallery.com/sum16/index.htmlScreen Shot 2016-11-14 at 11.47.23 AM.png

and that's working except now the client wants me to link from the archive to individual articles within the issues. That also works, except it is not reliably directing to the phone version in the back issues. The phone version now loads the desktop version when I do this. This index of old articles is very important to my client.

Does anyone have an opinion about best practices for this situation?

I would love to be able to paste copies of full sites into an "archive" document with the index page used as the main page on a new site at a new location. But I would have to copy and paste each Muse page individually, for the entire list of back issues.

Hopefully I am missing something.

Thank You.

Barbara

P.S. I am really enjoying the collect feature you added a while back. It has made my life much easier!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines