• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closing Muse ? Are you serious over there ?

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helloooooo! Over there, are you listening to me?

I think you have to take a close look to stopping support of the Muse project.

We have spent a lot of time learning how to use Muse, we have created a large number of customers with websites through Mouse, and we continue.

If you respect your customers, you should think again.

Muse is not Flash to have security issues or its works not supported by browsers. Although the flash continues, the name is changed to Animate.

Please respect us and continue the good work on Muse.

God bless America.

Erik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Hi all,

Apologize for your frustration. I understand that the transition to another software will not be without challenges. Having said that, Adobe Muse will continue to be around and supported for another year. You can continue using Adobe Muse beyond that as long as its code is supported by web standards and browsers, and for as long as your OS supports it. If you have hosted your site on BC, you have a year to migrate it to a third-party hosting provider.

Assets such as text and images can be

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 418 Replies 418
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, you REALLY REALLY SUCK! I use Muse as much as Illustrator and Photoshop - and have spent a ridiculous amount of time learning this product. I hope you go chapter 11. You don't deserve the customers you've had!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chpt. 11? They just reported record profits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bigger corporations than Adobe have gone by the way side as a result of a trigger happy cowboy at the top. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really Adobe? This is very disappointing. So, you want us to have a "smooth transition" to what?

1. Adobe XD? - How can it be an all-in-one solution, if it doesn't generate code? I'm not prototyping. I don't want to pay someone to develop code. I want to design, modify, update and publish – repeat.
  2. Adobe Portfolio and/or DIY website creators? - Its generic, like all the other content management platforms.

What is going on here? I anticipated Muse evolving, this is a wonderful tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont wanna go MUSE.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So very disappointed in Adobe. Feels like being dumped and I'm sad. However, given that Adobe couldn't care less, I'd like to know that, when lovely Muse is discontinued, do I still have to pay the subscription if I use it? I've paid it since the start ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievably, until today, I totally missed the announcement about Adobe's discontinuing Muse, though I received many about Business Catayst. I join the legions of those unhappy with Adobe's decision to discontinue Muse. As a free-lancer for numerous small businesses, I have used the Adobe Creative Suite programs for years. My companies are businesses that cannot pay thousands of dollars for a website, so the Muse program allows me [non-coder, non-nerd (though I completely admire and respect nerds)] to create a simple but effective website for my clients. It fits the bill perfectly because of its compatibility with, and my knowledge of, the Adobe Creative Suite. I will be interested to know what Adobe is working on to fill the void, though it doesn't sound like it will be anything like Muse and will be too complicated for my use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to echo shock at this decision - my client base and business is run on Muse.

Is XD viable to run as a way to build sites for others? Does unsupported mean eventually not being able to run on a later OS build? Sounds like it.

I will either have to tell my clients to go elsewhere or i will have to learn a new program and migrate all my sites at zero cost to the client 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Apologize for your frustration. I understand that the transition to another software will not be without challenges. Having said that, Adobe Muse will continue to be around and supported for another year. You can continue using Adobe Muse beyond that as long as its code is supported by web standards and browsers, and for as long as your OS supports it. If you have hosted your site on BC, you have a year to migrate it to a third-party hosting provider.

Assets such as text and images can be exported for use after migration.

I have started a discussion on discussing alternative solutions and migration paths Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse? and will be inviting our experts here to participate. Please bookmark this forum post for reference.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE PLEASE PLAESE

Do not close this project!!!!

We built it for that

We got into this

And now all this will be gone

Who needs a software that will be discontinued?

We need this software. And we trusted in ADOBE.

PLEASE PLEASE PLAESE

Do not close this project!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran,

Your boilerplate post does not even scratch the surface of the problem with this. For years, Adobe has been at the forefront of bridging the gaps between developer and designers and Muse was a wonderful, forward-thinking solution. A lot of people have put a lot of time into learning this product and investing there businesses in it.

Obviously you have nothing to do with this decision, so I recommend that you get someone on this thread that can explain a little more why they would do something like this.

I am so absolutely disappointed in Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely get what you say, and I thank you for using Adobe Muse.

My posts here are based on the many discussions I have had with the team previous to the announcement. I will check with the team to see if they have anything to add to what I have already said, but I seriously doubt it because if there was any more info, I would have known about it by now.

Because this decision is very unlikely to be revisited, I wanted to focus the energies of this post on alternative solutions. Adobe Muse will continue to be available and supported over the next year. It is also unlikely, IMO, that browser support for the code generated is going away soon.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran,

Some questions:

1. Why can the decision not be revisited? We all make mistakes, and the is a huge one from Adobe.
  2. Who can we contact to lobby for change?
  3. Adobe should have looked at options for their customers prior to pulling the rug from our feet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Preran, if you truly want to focus the energies of this post on 'alternative solutions' - what solutions are you and Adobe offering?? Telling us to either learn code and use Dreamweaver or to go back to kindergarten and use that utterly worthless Spark are NOT solutions. Adobe created this mess, not its loyal paying customers - why are the 'solutions' up to us to create?

Personally, Ive spent years learning and working on Muse, encouraging others to to the same, investing in Adobe products & related 3rd party widgets and memberships, run a business on site created in Muse and was midway in tackling a complicated new site. All for nothing.

The hostile treatment and lazy, sloppy, vague 'solution's' being offered up by to Adobe to its customer base are being heard load and clear - we will NOT forget this treatment and will respond with taking our wallets elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran,

Frustrated is an understatement!! I could lose my job over this. Thank god I got out of freelance designing. I couldn't even imagine all of the designer who are going to lose clients over this. Adobe seems like they are brushing it off. Like saying, no big deal, just recreate it! My boss is not going to be happy, we just finished our site. There is NO program that is going to allow me to duplicate my site exactly how it is in a quick manner and I don't foresee Adobe stepping up and saying. Hey we will transition your site from Muse to our new XD (whatever its name is) or Dreamweaver Heck I can't even run that software on my computer at all. And like someone else said who's to say the same thing wont happen to XD in the next few year.

I'm also disheartened because I feel like you are steeling money from your users. You hook us in to use your product (I'm a graphic designer, so this was perfect for me) and now it is gone. Yes, gone. Adobe has already stated there will be no updates or improvements. I hope you are no longer offering this program to new subscribers. There isn't even an alternative program to open the files in and I'm locked into a subscription that I don't even get full use of the products I'm paying for.

I think you will be lucky if someone does not file a lawsuit against Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are saying that it won't be revisited then I will be cancelling my monthly subscription to all Adobe products and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first started off with my Adobe CC subscription, I tried using Dreamweaver to make my website.  I mildly succeeded in doing so, but couldn't really do what I needed to do with it.  So I went to Adobe Muse, which is MUCH more user-friendly, especially for those of us that don't know all the coding necessary to use Dreamweaver.

Having said all of that... you've already heard all of the people griping about Adobe's decision to do this...and I would add my voice to those who are severely pissed off about it.  What I have NOT seen or heard is WHY?? Why in the world would Adobe get rid of support for such a valuable program? Is it really that difficult for Adobe to keep supporting it?  I also haven't seen any comments about you replacing Muse with another drag and drop website building format.

So...WHY? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has been rather silent.  I too want to know why they are shutting down Muse.  I have not heard anything intelligent.  Loyal customers have the right to know.  If Adobe bought up other companies in the past . (Aldus, Macromedia etc) . Why don't they allow a company to buy out Muse.  If they truly are losing so much money. Open it up and let a company like Muse-themes take it over.  I as a very loyal Adobe user am investigating a lot of the options here and ultimately when Muse truly becomes obsolete will make the changes I need to make.  But Adobe you have now become a greedy nasty company who doesn't care about your design customers.  So sadly you are the design standard for a lot of your software.  But this move will backfire on you eventually. I do not think the bozos that made this decision really realize or appreciate their customer base. Muse may have some issues and quite frankly I as a designer make the program work well for me.  Praran you seemed to have vanished off this thread and your promise to take this to your team seems to have vaporized. Your team if they are the Muse team doesn't matter to Adobe anymore.  This needs to be brought to the attention of the executive offices.  Oh right they are too busy making huge bonuses and large salaries off our backs!  I spent last week in shock that a trusted company that was my design partner, my important design tool provider, stabbed all of us in the back. 

There are solutions out there and a year is plenty of time for some smart companies to see there is a market for a product like Muse.  Slowly your customer base will depart.  Sad when large companies worry more about their shareholders than their customers.  Would love to hear from Adobe president. I doubt he really cares about the impact this decision has made on the design community.

Not that any of these folks give a shite by please sign this petition https://www.change.org/p/adobe-systems-adobe-do-not-discontinue-muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again so far all your answers are not answering anything really no matter what you say MUSE is gone weather now or in a year and people who have a hard time with code are now stuck because Adobe sold us an idea that we can make sites that we can control as a designer and not a developer, what we are asking for is a reason, what Adobe has given us for the reason is really not a reason at all and when you keep telling us that we can still use the MUSE for a year is not comforting at all, this is very disappointing because basically you are telling us to suck it up and learn code or go work with a developer who are very hard to work with as a creative so I appreciate that you are trying to calm us down but Adobe just screwed designers source of revenue and created stress that is unnecessary if it was a matter of money and profit for you guys why not just create a separate monthly service for this application we would have paid for that would have been an easier pill to swallow. Please let us no the real reason and not continue to treat us like we are idiots! Also stop trying to push stupid template as if designers love using them because we don't! Most of those templates are garbage and you know it! Also developers do not think like us and they are condescending toward designers! So I hope you guys can come up with a better way to help the people who use the your software the most!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Preran

Again so far all your answers are not answering anything really no matter what you say MUSE is gone weather now or in a year and people who have a hard time with code are now stuck because Adobe sold us an idea that we can make sites that we can control as a designer and not a developer, what we are asking for is a reason, what Adobe has given us for the reason is really not a reason at all and when you keep telling us that we can still use the MUSE for a year is not comforting at all, this is very disappointing because basically you are telling us to suck it up and learn code or go work with a developer who are very hard to work with as a creative so I appreciate that you are trying to calm us down but Adobe just screwed designers source of revenue and created stress that is unnecessary if it was a matter of money and profit for you guys why not just create a separate monthly service for this application we would have paid for that would have been an easier pill to swallow. Please let us no the real reason and not continue to treat us like we are idiots! Also stop trying to push stupid template as if designers love using them because we don't! Most of those templates are garbage and you know it! Also developers do not think like us and they are condescending toward designers! So I hope you guys can come up with a better way to help the people who use the your software the most!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe wanted to enhance Muse and morph it in to something much richer, that would be one thing UX, Blog capabilities etc. Taking an ax to it after so many of us have come to depend on it, continue to learn it, even enhance it with adding code--well that is just poor judgment on Adobe's part. I personally could care less if you phase out BC as I always updated my HTML output. Hell I've even had coders strip my HTML and use it. (That may not be saying much.) I've used Muse since it was first released. I just started "again" to mess with WP and I must say Muse is much better. Perhaps incorporating more Blog Features etc would help Adobe compete. But tucking your tails and leaving the game, just when more and more pre packaged clunky site builders crowd the market--makes no sense. Adobe should have asked if their users had suggestions for a better experience.

SAVE the tree (Muse) and make it better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like others here ADOBE, this is utterly disgraceful are you for real? I folked out for a full CC yearly subscription just 3 months ago, expressly for Muse and website design, only to find your retiring MUSE.

I won't be renewing when up end of year, good luck with your endeavours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines