• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition Widget Active Link Broke

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is the same issue as others have mentioned but I'm using my composition widget as a secondary menu.  Before when you would click on a link it would go to that page and make that slide active. With the latest update, it goes to the page but it doesn't change the slide. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

May I ask why you just don´t use the menu widget out of the box from muse? This shows by default the current page.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Creative SOB,

This isn't looking like a bug.

Can you please share the URL of your site so we can have a look at it and come up with a solution?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ankush, here's a link to the current site with the old widget behaving normally:
Dental Professionals of Wisconsin - Delivering Dental Resources To Your Community

Here's a link to the new widget that doesn't change when you click on one of the links:
https://creativesob.com/dpow/patients.html

It just keeps making patients the default.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find the secondary menu? Should we try everything and guess to find the three differences?

Sorry for that, but …

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, hopefully this will explain it better.  With the old composition widget when you clicked on (Dentists) for example it would go to the Dentists page and the composition widget would change to show Dentists as being active.  If you click on Insurers it would go to that page and the composition widget would change to Insurers.

The updated composition widget goes to the proper page but it defaults to Patients regardless of what I click on.  Hope that makes sense.

dpow.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask why you just don´t use the menu widget out of the box from muse? This shows by default the current page.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question......... I guess I assumed it needed to be done this way since that's how I originally created it.  I will give your suggestion a shot and will keep you posted. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds great to me

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines