• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default Muse widgets penal is empty.

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the try out version of Muse from adobe. The widgets penal is empty.

It says select a widget below and drag on to the page.

But the are no widgets to select. Does anyone know what is going on?

Screen Shot 2012-12-31 at 7.21.52 PM.png

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 01, 2013 Jan 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Took,

I think I had that problem a few versoins back. Have you tried un/re installing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did. But still no luck. Were you be able to fix the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did "fix" the problem by updating my version. I don't have that issue now using the latest version. Believe me, I know how frustrating that is!

One more suggestion. If you uninstalled and tried to reinstall the same download with no success (obviously) then take it one step further by uninstalling Muse and delete the download file. From there just start from scratch by re-downloading the trial and installing. Make sure you save any work before uninstalling !!!

Unfortunately if this doesn't work then it sounds like an issue that must be addressed by the actual Adobe team.

I hope that works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version. And yes that is what I did and still no luck.

Could this be that I am using the tryl version? Maybe some options are not availble on the try out version but they are avalible on the full version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not likely. All of Adobe's trials are full versions. If any features were ommitted then how would one make an inttelligent choice to purchase or in this case subscribe .

I can tell you that if you are a designer, graphic artist, photographer like we are then Muse fits the bill very nicely. I will agree that missing the widgets panel is a huge deal. Since I don't have that problem and am using the latest version I can only assume that there may be a conflict or something is corrupt on your end? If you have another computer try installing it and see what happens.

That's not my expertise though.Hopefully one of the gurus will weigh in on this and solve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your using a cracked version. OR....... You need to update Adobe Air.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows?

A bit of a stab in the dark, but please delete your AdobeMuse folder from:

on Mac: <yourusername>/Library/Preferences

on Windows XP: <youruser>\Local Settings\

on Windows 7: <youruser>\AppData\Roaming

Then launch Muse. It will go through the first launch experience of asking for UI language, etc.

If you don't immediately find this folder, you may need to:

on Mac: Use the "Go to folder" item in the "Go" menu in the Finder and enter the folder path above. You can use tilde "~" as a shortcut for your user name (i.e. ~/Library/Preferences).

on Windows 7: In the Start menu type %appdata% in the search field. This will put you in the <youruser>\AppData\Roaming folder (which by default is a hidden folder you wouldn't normally see). From there you can delete the "AdobeMuse" folder.

NOTE: The Search feature on both Mac and Windows excludes system files and folders, so simply searching for an AdobeMuse folder won't find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Zak I'll try this and let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zak. I am using mac and I did what you said but the widgets library is still empty. I went to the User Name/Library/Prefernces then deleted the AdobeMuse forlder. Lunched the Muse and widgets was still empty. I did not get the UI language as you said. I went back to the prefernces and AdobeMuse folder was recreated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If it did not ask you for Language options or for login, it seems that preferences were not reset.

Could you please try deleting the AdobeMuse folder again. Delete it from Trash as well and then restart your machine.

Then Launch Adobe Muse again and check if you get the UI options for language etc. or not?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sachin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2013 Feb 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Creative Cloud subscription and experience the same problem, the Widget Library is empty. Deleting Muse foldeer from Roaming did not help. I never see any Language questions.

More ideas how to fix that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Alex,

Did you try uninstallaing and reinstalling Muse using the link :

Mac : http://www.adobe.com/go/muse_latest_mac

Win : http://www.adobe.com/go/muse_latest_win

Regards,

Sachin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Same problem over here.

Tried all above : deleting program, emptying program file, roaming, re-installing Cloud, Applications Manager... re-start computer after that, installing new Muse 5 with above link. Even tried closing Bitdefender firewall and anti-virus while installing. Widgets panel remains empty . Tabs for subfolders don't show either.

I really don't know what to try any more.

Can you please help?

Regards,

Jenny

I use Windows Vista, Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jenny,

Although I had this problem a while back I (unfortunately) don't have a solution as following what Zac said above (7th comment) solved it for me. I am curious if you started experiencing this when you updated to the latest version (5)? Or are you using it as a trial?

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ed,

I started using previous trial version (4) and already experienced these problems.

Upgrading to trial version 5 didn't solve it.

I tried deleting everything and re-installed the whole lot again, also via above link to latest trial version.

Hopeless ...

Jenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jenny,

I feel for you... It sounds like there may be "bits & pieces" left behind on your machine? Have you tried a registry clean after you uninstalled it? If nothing else is working, and Adobe can't help you out it's at least worth a shot. I see you are also using Win Vista. As a former user of Vista (and user since DOS) might I suggest upgrading to at least Win 7 which is as solid an OS as Windows ever had.  I am usually the last to upgrade OS's (looks like you have me beat although I still run XP on one machine) but moving to Win 7 was well worth the price and may solve any "additional" issues.

Good luck,

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zac,

I have installed Muse with the creative cloud and I have the same problem listed above, an empty widget panel. I tryed to go where you say (<yourusername>/Library/Preferences) but there is no adobe muse folder there... but the program works and I can launch it. I don't know what to do... Can you help me?

(I attach a screenshot)

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 12.29.32 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one Library folder on the root of your startup volume (the Library folder shown in your screenshot) and there is one per user account on the machine. We need the one for your user account.

Use the "Go to folder" item in the "Go" menu in the Finder and enter the folder path "~/Library/Preferences" without the quotes but including the tilde character. (Tilde is a shortcut for your user folder.)

Delete the "Adobe Muse" folder from Preferences and delete the Adobe Muse app from Applications, then reinstall from http://www.adobe.com/go/muse_latest_mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

morphious1964 wrote:

Your using a cracked version. OR....... You need to update Adobe Air.

Well, he said it was a trial version didn't he now? And, I would suspect a cracked version would not work due the the air interface. Adobe's got a pretty good anti piracy implememtation with the subscription based software. That would be kind of  stupid to try and crack a subscription ? Now they just have to use their smarts to solve the whole flash covering up the menu thing.

Plus, I think Zak's got it right as I remember doing something like that to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i am not using a cracked version. It is a tiy out version from adobe's website. I dont think you can even crack muse since it is a subscription based program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems that I resolved the problem (on Windows 7).

I had an Adobe Muse installed on my Mac with OSX 10.8.5 and the widgets were working fine.

So I copied the file "widgets.muse" from Mac to PC (overwriting it), then restarted the Windows version of Muse and all worked fine even there.

I notice that the Windows version of "Widgets.muse" were 7563 Kb, instead the Mac version was 7562 Kb: don't know if this difference matters or not, but it seems to work fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines