Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Developing Muse Widgets and JS

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Submission rule number 3:

Note: Your submission may only contain simple HTML formatting. We do not accept custom JavaScript or CSS, and submissions containing these elements will be refused or modified to ensure consistency on the Widget Directory. Inclusion of your widget(s) in the Directory is voluntary. The Widget Directory staff reserves the right to edit submission descriptions and categories, or reject submissions that do not meet our guidelines.

What is meant by "We do not accept custom JavaScript or CSS"?

I have downloaded the examples and some clearly use JavaScript. I assume this is meant to draw a line somewhere but that is very vague.

Also, why are there .mucow and .mulib files and what's the difference?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Mucow development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

dominicg65278743  wrote

the key word is "custom"

dominicg65278743  wrote

a .mucow is a type of code language

a .mulib is the file type that Muse uses for library... so if you export a file from your local library then it will export as a .mulib file and you can send that to someone else

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More questions:

Is there anything more descriptive about how to modify the template CSV file? Do I need to keep all the commas and modify the fields that are relevant? Should I remove what's superfluous? How is that file used? Is it read by a program or a person..?

Where and what are the terms pertaining to submitting a Widget? Are there any?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dominicg65278743  wrote

the key word is "custom"

dominicg65278743  wrote

a .mucow is a type of code language

a .mulib is the file type that Muse uses for library... so if you export a file from your local library then it will export as a .mulib file and you can send that to someone else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With custom, are we meaning extensions to the default prototypes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JavaScript has default standards called "Standard Library" ... these are the base codes that ALL browsers use on the internet and its these that you can use in your prototype widgets.

can I ask, what you are trying to make... are you a student looking to do an assignment perhaps?

you may have better luck posting on one of the education forums because none of this really has much to do with Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an hobbyist.

I have created some material that I intend to turn into a widget that would enhance responsiveness if successful.

Sorry that I am off topic, I haven't seen the mucow development subforum before posting my question here.

Still confused by the submission page that gives no information as to how my submission will be handled, my rights or Adobe's rights over the submission.. is that a student question?

To help future confused people:

I will take your answer as that "custom" means modifications to the Standard Built-In Objects are not accepted. Which is very bad practice anyway. That is called "extending a native object" (I got it wrong calling them default prototypes) and here is a stackoverflow question about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dominicg65278743  wrote

I am an hobbyist.

I have created some material that I intend to turn into a widget that would enhance responsiveness if successful.

Sorry that I am off topic, I haven't seen the Adobe Muse Mucow Development  before posting my question here.

its just that there will be more people there that know something about Mucow... best of luck with it mate.

[i will move this thread for you]

dominicg65278743  wrote

Still confused by the submission page that gives no information as to how my submission will be handled, my rights or Adobe's rights over the submission.. is that a student question?

basic translation = Adobe owns Muse and can change (bugger) it anytime the mood hits and they don't guarantee (or even test) that your widget will keep working after they do

dominicg65278743  wrote

I will take your answer as that "custom" means modifications to the Standard Built-In Objects are not accepted.

correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My understanding of the information in rule 3 is in regards to the widget listing, not the widget code itself. It could be that widget producers have added code to the listings in the past, perhaps to give themselves an advantage of some sort.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines