• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downgrade from Muse 2017.1

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing constant crashing of my file every time I try to export to HTML after upgrading to 2017.1

Anyone know how to downgrade back to a more stable version of 2017.0?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Look at this screencast:

Be aware, that you can't open .muse files, saved with a newer version, in a previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at this screencast:

Be aware, that you can't open .muse files, saved with a newer version, in a previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a bunch Gunter!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine doesn't look like that and doesn't offer me that option. I was trying to install 2018 and leave 2017.0 intact, but it "upgraded" 2017 to the buggy 2017.1. I'm trying to figure out how to restore my previous version of 2017. The only option I am offered is to install 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your "downgrade" window doesn`t look like this?

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-22 um 13.28.42.png

It starts like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-22 um 12.35.13.png

and keeps on like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-22 um 13.27.42.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, it doesn't look like that. I have Muse 2017.1 (I double checked -- it definitely upgraded to 2017.1), but wanted to keep 2017.0. So far I haven't been having too many problems with Muse 2018, so I'm hoping now that there won't be any need to go back to the previous version. Still, it is a bit annoying.

Thanks for your answer. I do appreciate it!

Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 10.22.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now 10/3/17 and still no upgrade.  I've found the 2017.1 to be deficient in responsive positioning of previous page content. I'm surprised that Adobe let this one hit the market.  It completely messed up many of my responsive mobile pages.  In the past, the upgrades were w/o problems, so I uploaded it.  Yes, I should have saved my work and tested first.  Fortunately, I only lost a few days of edits to it as I reverted back to older version, but still ... It also affected an important Muse-Themes widget.  In my opinion, do not upgrade yet.  I wish Adobe would give us a target date for a new upgrade that fixes the many issues with 2017.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update to Muse is ready for download. This update addresses most of the issues reported since 2017.1. Please confirm these fixes as soon as you have had a chance to test them.

There is one new feature in the latest update, and it is a feature that will help you make a smooth transition to a next update allowing you to go back and use your files in a previous version of Muse in case it becomes necessary.

Automatic creation of a backup file after you convert files to the next version:

When you open an existing Adobe Muse file using the latest version of the application, file conversion takes place. Earlier, after the file conversion, when you saved your file, you were not able to open the file in an older version of Adobe Muse.

Now, when you open and save an existing file in Adobe Muse (2018.0), you see the following warning message:

If you click OK, a backup file is saved in the same location as your original file. You can use this backup file with the older versions of Adobe Muse.

Note: The backup file is created only for those files that are converted after you open the file using the latest version of Adobe Muse.

More details provided in this doc - https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/using/whats-new.html.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines