Drop down menu in Muse

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to create a drop down menu exactly like this one:

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,2,00.html

It would be the one in the main menu (red bar).

Thanks,

Natalia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

I don't have the means to make a video to show you, but here are my notes ...

* fly out menu (roll over menu, disappearing menu, roll out menu) - create and place a regular 'automatic' menu, configure it to show only top level items. Then place a trigger from a composition widget over the top level menu item which will when rolled over make a panel appear, then disappear when you roll off of the trigger. A trigger is used for each top level menu item that requires its own 'fly out' sub menu. Af

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Natalia,

You may want to check using tooltips etc. for this purpose. A related post can be found here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4508263#4508263

Cheers

Parikshit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find the tooltips?

Thanks for the link, but it's an old post and not so helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot showing Tooltip widget: http://jingsite.businesscatalyst.com/jing/2013-11-06_0121.png

Cheers

Parikshit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue as well. If you could please take a look. Elaine Biss | Feminine Illustrator and Fashion Illustrator There is a box over the rollover trigger. Is there a way to remove it? This is what I did try:

After selecting the roll over I created, I clicked the colors palette to the right and saw the stroke box was filled with black. I made it white. I clicked further in the widget and selected the text box and background, and observed the same thing. After changing that attribute to white, I saved the site and uploaded it. It still shows. Can you help?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd LOVE to know how to do this also!

Thanks,

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a video or some other means of instruction or tutorial on how to use a tool tip to make this type of menu?

Thanks,

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to a Muse widget for sale by the MuseGrid team.  The problem is with the existing option available within Muse you will not have the option for the dropdown to close on rollout which to me is not acceptable so I would avoid trying to make this happen until Muse support a better solution
http://musegrid-widgets-menu-pack-one.businesscatalyst.com/

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can i download "HOME" this widget

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Natalia

Did you manage to achieve this effect.  Welcome some feedback, I am trying to do the same but with little success.

Thanks in advance

Why dont Muse Team make a tutorial on this feature?

Karima

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the means to make a video to show you, but here are my notes ...

* fly out menu (roll over menu, disappearing menu, roll out menu) - create and place a regular 'automatic' menu, configure it to show only top level items. Then place a trigger from a composition widget over the top level menu item which will when rolled over make a panel appear, then disappear when you roll off of the trigger. A trigger is used for each top level menu item that requires its own 'fly out' sub menu. After the auto menu is in place, then ... / widget / composition / blank / drag onto canvas / keep as many triggers as needed, one for each top level menu item, delete the rest. Configure the trigger (described shortly), then place the trigger over the top level menu item to create the fly out sub menu upon roll over. To config the trigger select it then click fly out arrow for config menu, then ... position = scattered, show = on roll over, hide = on roll off of trigger or target, trigger on top. When done designing select 'hide all initially'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2013 Dec 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Garyn321

Thanks for taking time to respond.  I certainly will try this - I have only been using muse for two weeks now!

Just a thought, if you are not able to make a video, how about posting a MULIB and this way it will be helpful to all other users as well - but in a different way than video.

I will certainly respond and let you know how I get on.

Regards

Karima

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 15, 2013 Dec 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Visit this video ... https://my.adobeconnect.com/p985xab6lzu/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=normal

and start watching at about the 16 minute mark.

Best,

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary

This is "bang on" as Dani says in her video.

So simple when you know how!

Take care

Regards

Karima

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enjoy!

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gary,

That video with the 16 minuet mark helped a little. But the issue now is

How do I populate my drop down with all my page links? That wasn't shown in the video.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your ''drop down' is a text box, so;

- using the text tool to create a text box

- type the text within the box as desired, pressing 'enter' between lines or items

- select an item (that you typed)

- use the 'hyperlinks' box in the control panel to covert the text to a hyperlink (allowing you to 'go to' a page, an anchor, etc.)

Best,

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a drop down menu in a form, after I put the composition in the form frame, How can I make or convert it to an INPUT? Say like I have selections of STATES or COUNTRIES, and the user will have to pick one. I hope this question make sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey take a look at  there is a free widget with an drop down its easy to edit maybe it help u out.

Adobe Muse Mega Menu Dropdown Widget | MuseThemes.com

there is a tutorial and u can download the image. the widget itself is like a new muse site so just copy and paste it into ur site and edit it.

hope could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much! it really help me even understood some things...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a free widget to have a dropdown in a form.  Maybe it's what you're looking for.  Check it out:

Forms+ Bundle Widget – Widgets.Mu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have figured it out!.

1. Enter design mode (on your master)

2. Click the navigation bar

3. click the specific button you want to have a dropdown menu for.

4. it should then have a '+' sign underneath it. Click this and this is the option for a submenu. type in the name. Tadah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines