• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when trying to use In-Browser Editing

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built a site for a client a couple years ago. They update the "specials" section of their website Monday-Friday using In-Browser Editing. Suddenly this week, they are unable to update the desktop version of the site (mobile will update fine). They are getting the following error:

inbrowserediting.adobe.com Says 

JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: SecurityError: Failed to read the 'rules' property from 'CSSStyleSheet': Cannot access rules

Here is the website: Grand Central Coffee • Storm Lake, Iowa Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 2.45.14 PM.png

I have no idea how to fix this. I tried googling the error and searching some support boards with no luck.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Client simply has to use another browser like Firefox. Shouldn`t be too complicated, I hope.

Best Regards and a willing client,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you search in this forum, too?

Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-07 um 07.27.03.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read the secondlast/penultimate thread, does your client use chrome?

Maybe this helps?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey DesignDiva93,

How are you uploading your site?

Is it possible for you to re-upload the whole site from Muse and ask your client to check for any improvement?

At last, as mentioned above by Uwe please ask your client to check in any other browser apart from Google Chrome.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am uploading the site using "Publish to ftp host". I have been publishing every day since the client is unable to update the site on their own. They have still not been able to update the desktop version of their site, though the mobile version updates fine.

I saw the messages from Uwe and have reached out to the client to see what browser they are using. I tested it myself and I get the error while using Chrome, but am able to update fine using Safari.

I will provide an update when I hear back from the client.

If it turns out to be a bug with Chrome, it is something that will be fixed soon?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a Chrome bug and has been fixed internally.

Will be rolled out in our next update.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will this be fixed? Client harassing me for not being able to edit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Client simply has to use another browser like Firefox. Shouldn`t be too complicated, I hope.

Best Regards and a willing client,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines