Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fix for the Accordion issue in Adobe Muse

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Please update to Muse 2017.0.2. The issue has been fixed in the latest update.

For users on previous versions, you can use the following fix:

1. Download the .mulib file from this location: (https://adobe.ly/2jhRZIZ)
  2. Open the file in Muse by double clicking on it. This should add it as a library item.
  3. Drag this library file on master page or a child page, depending on where accordion issue is present (Note: While dragging the file please check that it should not overlap with any other page content frame)
  4. Re-export/publish the site again and accordion menu should work fine now.

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. It works on my client site now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked awesome, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have this kind of workaround as well for your tabs widget (tabbed panels as I learned today) (in the same area as the accordion - don´t know your expression)?

There`s a thread with this selfpinning tabs widget and selfresizing but never stretched to browser width.

Thanks in advance

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix for the composition widget yet? I still can't open my mobile menus in chrome browser.  I have over 20 websites please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell us one, did you empty your Cache? Maybe we can reproduce the issue.

In my case the issue only occured with

the "tab-widget" (below the accordion widget-don´t know the name in englisch - in german it is called "Bedienfelder mit Registerkarten)

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-24 um 06.33.54.png

I did a workaround for my issue with an empty composition, cleared all styling and content and started from scratch. I don´t want to recommend this for 20 Sites.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Uwe,

I did clear my cache but the problem still exists.  Just to be clear, the accordion widget works fine now thanks to the .mulib file.

I will try your suggestion but as you said, it's a lot of work when you have so many websites.

I think you are referring to the "tabbed panels" but no, I did not use that one.  Thanks so much and your English is great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the languagecompilment from a native. My heart goes boomboom.

But did´nt you ask for a composition widget? Did you mean over all composition widgets?

I had an issue as well with a composition. I do now work with issues of compo, tabbed panels (thanks for translation).

What does this mean: you can´t open your mobile menu? Is it hidden by some other (invisible) layers?

Could you provide a link to watch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been resolved in the latest Muse update. Did you update to the latest version? Are you still having issues?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been resolved with inserting the HTML code fix as instructed. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the newest version of muse and i have still a problem with accordion.

I have testet a lot but i don't find out what's the problem is.

Is it a fault because of the accordion above it?

Edith

Question_MUSE.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t understand quite well. After rebuilding the situation, all seems to work fine here.

Could you please isolate the construction you are showing in the screenshot, place it into a new .muse document, upload this .muse file to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi günther, here you can download the testfile – thanks for helping!

WeTransfer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about an easy, very reduced misfile with your issue. Maybe you have something "above" the trigger in layer-z-order?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you meaning exactly with "layer-z-order"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe some elements are above the trigger, so it cannot respond to the mouse? But I am sure Günter will find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all:

This is a completely different issue as this thread is dealing with!

I had a look at your site, and there are really lots of issues.

But the one, you are asking for, seems to be a defect within your Muse file. Look at this sample file, and you’ll see, that all works as expected (I copied the "badly behaving" elements to a different site): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7046655/Quicklinks.zip

2 more glitches:

• You have a 320 px fluid breakpoint, which is identical to the "minimal size" of your page. Responsiveness can’t take place, if the minimal size is reached! Therefore: Delete this 320 px breakpoint.
  • Your "Quicklinks" accordion is set to "responsive width", but the text frame within is set to "Resize: None". That shouldn’t be the case. Set it to "Responsive Width", but take care in this case, that the links aren’t effected by line breaks (what will happen now in the lower 400 px area).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your efforts!

I think you are right, it's a problem with the muse file.

but it's too much work to build the document new.

now i could solve the problem.

the both accordeons were a difrent kind of widget (i could not remember about that).

now i took the same tool for both an now it works.

best wishes an nice weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran and Adobe

This fix unfortunately doesn't fix my accordion problem:

I am working on a win10 PC with the latest version of Muse.
I am trying to make a FAQ with accordions inside accordions, in order for you to click on the subject you want to know more about, then click on a specific topic. It works fine in the breakpoint it was created in, but when I try to export it to one of the other breakpoints, the content inside the accordion grows too large. (see pictures)

Of course all content is set to not being responsive, but funny enough the text changes from non to responsive when transferred to a new breakpoint.

I guess I can't have an accordion inside an accordion, but you should look into this, because it would be a quite nice feature.

Any hope of help?

thanks in advance

Jønne Rantzau1920muse-problem.JPG1920muse-problem2.JPG1920muse-problem3.JPG1920muse-problem4_wtf.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I wanted was an accordion inside an accordion

OK, I have found out that if you transfer each accordion seperate to the different breakpoints and then drop the one accordion into the other it works, but if you have made changes to the sizes of them they will change size in all breaks. So you need to copy, hide in breakpoint, delet paste and hide in other breakpoints. Then it ends up working.
A huge workflow.

And imagine if you at least could have the copy/hidepaste/hide as an action.

Dear Adobe Muse geeks; Please make the accordion inside accordion work right, it's a neat feature for FAQ's ect.

WR

Jønne Rantzau

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close all the menus before publishing or uploading the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I hope someone can help me here:
I have a series of buttons (my project gallery) filled with image and text.
I then use text size 10 for screen @ 320 px and text size 14 @ 1500 px.

when I move in between the 2 sizes, that relationship is not kept(?)

do you have any suggestions?

Nicola

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, the link does not work anymore. How can I get this file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines