• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresh Install of Windows + CC. Muse Crashes After Splash Screen - No Error Messages

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a brand new laptop and installed Windows 10 on it. First thing I did was install Creative Cloud and all of my Adobe apps. Everything works fine EXCEPT Muse. When I try and launch it, it shows the splash screen, briefly shows the Muse application (with the toolbar etc) and then just closes -- no warning, no errors, no nothing. I've tried EVERYTHING I've seen online and no resolution. I've tried installing with new user, I've deleted the preferences folder, I've uninstalled/re-installed everything, I ran the cleaner app. Nothing seems to resolve this and it's very very frustrating. I tried looking through the logs to see if there was some indication of what was wrong but I can't seem to find anything in there either. 

Anyone have any idea or thoughts on how to resolve this issue. I really need to be able to edit my company website and it's all through Muse. Appreciate any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These were the posts that I had tried everything for. Like I mentioned in my original post, none of the suggested solutions have worked so far. Hoping to get some addtional insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Close Muse and all other apps.

2. Reboot computer in Safe Mode.

3. Disconnect computer from the Internet.

4. Right-click on Muse desktop icon, select Run as Administrator.

Post back if you still need help.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines