Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hosting update to PHP7 need help!

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I recently got an email from my hosting provider ( as did my clients ) that next month they will update the php version from 5.6 to 7.
However like most of muse users i don't have any knowledge of html/css/php.

My question: how can i see what widget on my site uses php 5.6 and what is already running on 7?
I know that the muse standard forms are running on 5.6 and if i update it won't work anymore any suggestions?

I have about 10 sites running on adobe muse and would want a quick/decent fix for this

thx in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

If your form processing scripts stop working and you cannot code, I think your only option is to substitute the forms you have now with embedded forms from a 3rd party service like Wufoo.com, Mailchimp, etc....   Their forms are processed on their servers, not yours.  So it won't matter which PHP version your host is using. 

Of course when other widgets eventually stop working,  you will be in a difficult place because Muse is EOL and no longer being updated.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally, you don’t have to react at all. If your site runs well now, it will run well with the newer PHP version too.

Perhaps you don’t need PHP at all, if you have no forms or – like most users – didn’t ever use Muse’s „Content“ feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the default muse form on all my pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just try it! It should work! And: You have no alternative!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, i just renewed my hosting to 7.2 and will see if my website runs like it should be and if everything is working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your form processing scripts stop working and you cannot code, I think your only option is to substitute the forms you have now with embedded forms from a 3rd party service like Wufoo.com, Mailchimp, etc....   Their forms are processed on their servers, not yours.  So it won't matter which PHP version your host is using. 

Of course when other widgets eventually stop working,  you will be in a difficult place because Muse is EOL and no longer being updated.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines