• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I create a Online Store using Muse?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I create a Online Store using Muse?

I have been looking around for solutions but I can't find one.

I was just hoping that someone else might have known of a way.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Hey,

Unfortunately at this time in Muse alone there's no plug-in for a shopping cart. However it depends wether you prefer to publish the site on an individual server or host it with Business Catalyst.

If you prefer hosting the site with BC you can opt in for a webCommerce plan that will include the ecommerce (http://www.adobe.com/products/business-catalyst/buying-guide-subscriptions.html) and you'll be able to use the Object > insert HTML... and paste the code for catalogs and products (this is an example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Unfortunately at this time in Muse alone there's no plug-in for a shopping cart. However it depends wether you prefer to publish the site on an individual server or host it with Business Catalyst.

If you prefer hosting the site with BC you can opt in for a webCommerce plan that will include the ecommerce (http://www.adobe.com/products/business-catalyst/buying-guide-subscriptions.html) and you'll be able to use the Object > insert HTML... and paste the code for catalogs and products (this is an example). Publishing the page from Muse with the inserted code for a catalog containing a product will work properly.

Second option, if you choose to host your site on your own server, you can search for alternatives like: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/49244914/Adobe%20Muse or any other online cart solution that can be implemented using the "insert HTML..." option from Muse.

I hope this helps.

Cristian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you Cristian! This was very helpful.

Can you tell me if there is a way to test the Eccommerce function in combo with muse before purchasing the full plan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello celum20,

Sites published with Muse are on a webBasics plan, however you can contact BC support and ask to change the site plan from webBasics to webCommerce, the plan that includes e-commerce so you can test it out. (plans are available here: http://www.adobe.com/products/business-catalyst/buying-guide-subscriptions.html )

To submit a case and request the plan upgrade click on Manage while on Muse and with the project opened, then on the opening page that takes you into the admin console of your site published on BC, click on the top right corner button "Help and Support", from there click on "Submit a case".

Cheers,
Cristian

Please review the answer provided to grayrockgraphics also, you may prefer that option.

Message was edited by: Cristian Radu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cristian, is there a more detailed description of using BC and Muse for the ecommerce?  Your description seems different than importing the muse files into BC.  Do you create a fake site in BC in order to Insert the HTML in muse?  I'm confused as you can see.  It seems that one has to use the BC CMS in order to utilize ecommerce but your suggestion seems like a different approach.  Can you say anymore or point me towards more detail?

Thanks

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey craft76 design,

I'm not taking the files generated within Muse and modify in BC because if you don't use the "Insert HTML..." option within Muse you'll have to always keep you code in a different file and when you publish your page you'll have to insert the code again vs. using the "insert HTML..." option that will keep the code within Muse project and when you export the file it will contain the code so you won't have to re-insert the code. The code I insert is on a page I create in BC but then cut or copy and paste in Muse, so not really a fake site but a page that I use simply for that purpose. Because the site will be publishe in BC will know how to render all tags / modules that you use.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any demo on how to implement ecommerce within Muse but will look for one and get back with more details if it exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I need to do this as well.  Is there more information or a tutorial or video that will help with implementing this? I am gaining speed with Muse and love it despite its current limitations and crashes, but I don't know a thing about using BC. I (and my client) am prepared to purchase the BC eCommerce plan, just don't know how to start...

thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi grayrockgraphics,

At this moment the best option for you would be to create a test site but using Business Catalyst and not Muse.

When you have published your first BC site, a free partner portal has been generated for you. As a Creative Cloud user, you do not need it, as all your BC sites are listed in Creative Cloud.

Your free partner portal can be reached using www.businesscatalyst.com/partnerportal and your AdobeID & password. In there you will find all your temporary/live sites under Clients tab, and you can use the button "create new site" to create an WebCommerce site.

This site you will create will show up when you will choose to publish from Muse in the list of the available sites. From partner portal you can also select under the Clients tab the site you want to update, click on it and select "Upgrade Site", choose the payyment method and plan and that should be all.

I hope this will potin you in the right direction of starting with BC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Cristian,

Thank you so much for your responses. Actually I am still pretty confused with using BC. I can't seem to access many features at all from the BC Admin Console via the "Alpha Preview of the new File Manager." For example, I'm trying to create a Contact Form in BC to insert  into Muse. I know could do that a few weeks ago, but now I can't find anything in BC.

But my bigger concern is the issue at hand, eCommerce. Just to clarify celem20's question in #2, I would have to upgrade and purchase a webCommerce plan, just to see the features - no "trial" or anything?

And in your response #7, actually I have just spent the last two months building a large Muse site (over 60 pages), lots of features, kinda neat, client is happy, me too. So I don't want to create a new test site. I just want to incorporate  ecommerce (and email and contact database, and all other BC features that made us choose BC in the first place) into Muse. I think you response #1 above (Object > Insert HTML) is what I am needing, but I am so confused about how to go about it.  All the BC tutorials and videos are based on using just BC, not already having a Muse site.  It's like I don't even know where to start.  As I said, the Admin Console doesn't seem to let me even create a Contact Form to insert, let alone ecommerce.

I understand I won't be editing files in BC, because they won't round-trip back to Muse; that is fine and good.

I find it strange that Muse sites are really being encouraged (forced?) to be hosted on BC, yet there doesn't seem to be any documentation on how to integrate the two. Maybe this is just beyond my abilities....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you can access the Alpha File Manager it means the option to "Enable online content editing (incompatible with Muse)" is ticked up under your profile details. With this enabled you can create Web Forms under Site Manager. Once you create the contact form open the Alpha File Manager (AFM), select the page where you want to insert this and choose the Web Forms from the right hand column. On the pop-up window select the web form to insert and click Insert.

Regarding the upgrade, as long as the site is in trial mode you can choose any plan for the site, see my answer #7. Create a new trial site, choose the link to the new trial site created from PP and publish your site there for testing purposes so you will have ecommerce included and available for you to try out.

If things go well you can request an upgrade to your current site to have the ecommerce included (the only situation in which this upgrade won't be available is when the site is published on one of the 5 sites received with the CCM subscription, they are webBasics and cannot be upgraded: http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/publish-anywhere.html under "Publish websites" section, and the option will be to create the site from partner portal and publish the content from Muse)

At this moment indeed there's little documentation on how to integrate the two but this is because Muse is just not ready to take advantage of BC capabilities. It was never intended for CMS features of BC to be available in version 1 of Muse. This has already been mentioned a few times (one relevant example: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4355214#4355214#4355214)

Regards,
Cristian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 23, 2012 Jun 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a good thread to read thru and remind myself of BC. Like grayrockgraphics, I've been plugging along with Muse for enough time now, but have yet intergrated it with BC. I haven't had the desire or need, but would obviously like to understand the workflow so that I can determine if it's a viable option.

I believe the whole scenario can be a bit misleading to the average user.
What I mean is, from the get go BC is pushed as a hosting platform.
Fine.
From that pt on it's natural to want to look into the other fts of BC (CMS etc) to leverage it's worth in the users particular circumstance. Your "moneys" worth.
Christian, I understand and thank you for your additional input and links (reminders) on the matter of CMS.

"It was never intended for CMS features of BC to be available in version 1 of Muse."

However, when we have links, such as the following...

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/muse-feature-tour/muse-advanced-cms-integration/

... which have been around since Aug 2011, you can see why it's easy for users to think (hope) that some of the points covered in this thread would have been covered by the time the paid Version 1 release.

I look forward to the day when we have this all worked out.

Until then, I'm afraid I'll have to keep it simple with other optsions for myself as well as my clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't this something that should have been made available before the software was even released? Seems kind of "Mickey Mouse" to have a "workaround" for the most basic of services since, I would assume that a majority of websites would need this kind of service to complete the package. Maybe I'm wrong. Your thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Christain for the info. A couple of the links you included unfortunately are broken. However, I assume that  I can insert any shopping cart to Muse?

Kind regards John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John,

Sorry for the delayed answer. I've uploaded that picture showing the "Insert HTML..." option. It should be straight forward but if you need more guidance let me know. Feel free to send me a PM as well.

Best,

Cristian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Voila, Steve's ears were burning.

Here's another example similar to the link above (Ecwid.com) that Christian provided.

http://www.muse-themes.com/blogs/news/6188402-creating-an-online-store-ecommerce-in-adobe-muse-video...

Tested it and works just as descibed.
BC - Are you watching?

While your there, check out some of Steve's other useful tips.
Thanks Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GVD and Cristian

Thank you both so much for your replies.  Been on the road till Monday, but can't wait to get back and try out these links and ideas. I just need to invest some real quality time online with BC, forums, tutorials. Feeling less frustrated already.

Manana....

gg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont know why but is not working on mi site, anyone can help me???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌hhI there are you still using ecwid for your e commerce With your muse site? I'm in the process of building a store I have the BC e commerce plan, but it's extremely confusing. Do you still recommend ecwid And if I go that route I would simp,y use the marketing plan I stead of the e commerce plan correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using using BC but I couldn't figure it out. Ecwid is probably the best solution. This widget allows you to customize all of ecwid's styling (without needing to know code) Adobe Muse Ecommerce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was exactly what I wanted to know as well.  I went ahead and started experimenting with eCommerce options and so far have found Ecwid to be the best option for creating a more integrated shopping cart experience. Much better than Wazala

Here is a link to how I did it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I have a little different problem...

My client has a lot of products and the way they are exhibited in his page is so messy, I though I could be a great idea to use muse to put a little order there and BAM! I almost forgot that he uses "eComerce" (if you can say so...) every product in the page have a blank space to put the quantity you want and a "add to cart" option BUT, there are no prices... when you finish your shopping you are redirected to a list with your items and a form you have to fill (name, address, ID number, city, payment option, phone, e-mail) and then you send the information... it's a way to do that with muse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexandra! It looks like Ecwid would work perfect for you and it run great within Muse.  See how it works here. http://themeforest.net/item/technicool-muse-ecommerce-template/5334423

Let me know if you need anything else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give a try.... I see that what my client want is like a loooooooooooooong formulary, because his clients are not in touch with shopping and paying in internet, they are from "the old school", and like to pay in banks but use the page to submit their information and orders (?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh ok so what you would want to do in this case is run Ecwid in "Offline Mode"

Read more about this here. http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853303/Payment%20options#Offlinepaymentmethods

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

more or less....

I mean, my client doesn't want to plublish his articles in an online shop, he wants that people submit their orders directly to a corporative email and then proccess every request... as they did before   as I said most of his clients doesn't know/want to use internet paying options

The page is in a mess, it has not been updated in at least a year and the "add to the car" options works until you decide to send the data... it goes to an error page so I guess it doesn't work anymore.

The idea is to make all from the bases, because the way it is now is hard to understand to me, the previous "designer" put a lot of data bases for everything and when I tried to update the items I had a hard time understanding why there were up to three different data bases for the same products (some were old, some had nothing to do there, and the last one had other two or three databases for "organize" the products in groups and so on @_@) I though I could use the scripts from the old way of "shopping" ... but it doesn't work so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines