Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I make a video banner full browser width and auto play

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I have created a video banner in PP so the size is correct, I've tried a couple of widgets which work fine on a desktop/laptop, it auto plays, full browser width and loops, however it doesnt work on tablets and smart phones

Support from one of the widget websites said the below...

Most tablet and phone operating systems (like iOS and Android) do not support autoplay feature, so there is no way to start the video automatically on them. Instead, our widget shows static image on tablets and phones. Unfortunately, all the similar widgets work like this.

Does any of you Adobe Muse experts out there have another way of doing this?

If you want to see what I mean heres my website www.skycamproductions.co.uk as you'll see the video banner works fine on a pc/laptop just not on a tablet or smart phone

I dont mind doing it using an mp4 or a vimeo link, whichever I can get working

Many Thanks in advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Autoplay is not universally supported by all browsers & devices.   It's to protect people on limited data plans from excessive & unwanted bandwidth consumption.  You cannot make the device do something it can't do.  Optionally, switch from a video banner to a carousel or slideshow.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Autoplay is not universally supported by all browsers & devices.   It's to protect people on limited data plans from excessive & unwanted bandwidth consumption.  You cannot make the device do something it can't do.  Optionally, switch from a video banner to a carousel or slideshow.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy

Can you have a look at this website www.butterflyproductions.co.uk they have a video banner working on both desktops and tablets/smart phones

Is this just a Muse restriction I wonder? as I dont think this site was created in Muse

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your example site is powered by WordPress.  It uses a WP plugin -- not sure which one -- but it does not autoplay for me.    By default, I see a static image.

WP Video Background Plugins

https://code.tutsplus.com/articles/best-video-background-plugins-for-wordpress--cms-29117

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy

Ah ok fair enough thought it maybe wordpress

On my iPhone 7, my ipad mini my colleagues 8 a is auto plays, so looks like its different results for different smart devices

Frustrating one as if I cant find a work around for this we're going to miss out on a good "Banner" deal with a company to create several for them

Thanks for your replies much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can still use video Banners with autoplay providing you have  a fallback  for devices and browsers that cannot support it.  In other words, a static image & a button to invoke the video if the user wants to play it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines