• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a url link open up a mobile app (deeplink)

Engaged ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I thought I'd post this because I couldn't seem to find an answer to this question on the Muse forums.

If you have any social media connected to your website, you're likely going to want to make it possible for someone to quickly access your page or profile by clicking a link on your website. For example, if you have a facebook page for your website, you'll want to make a link that connects your user to that page. If your user in on a mac or pc, this is as simple as following a url.

The same goes for a smartphone or tablet but if you want to make your website look more professional, you're going to want to have that link to your facebook page open up the page inside the facebook app rather than the phone's web browser.

There are many posts of people saying that you can use fb://profile or fb://feed etc to open up an app, but not only is this not always reliable, if the user doesn't have the facebook app downloaded, they're going to get an error. Which doesn't look too great.

So here's the solution. You have to find a site that creates a deeplink from a url.

The site that I now use is:

http://urx.com/urx-links

This site will create links that will open up your facebook page (or whatever social media) inside the facebook app. And best of all, if the user doesn't have the facebook app installed, it then knows to default open up the link in a browser.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

That is a very useful piece of info you have provided. I am sure this is going to help other members. We appreciate your contribution.

Regards,

Aish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link doesn't work. Can give us the link again? The "deep link" is new to me.

Thanks

Debs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not working, I have been looking for a solution all day long

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been searching for a solution for this issue. I am trying to deep link to my FB fan page. What is the proper format for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try the solutions in these forum posts?

How to make a link open up a mobile app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John thanks for posting this. Exactly what i was looking for.  Could you provide the link that needs to be inserted in order to open up the app?  Also, will this work regardless if it's ios or android?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you happen to find the solution for this? I keep running into dead links in the Adobe forum 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello all,
Here is the solution:

URL Genius

Deeplinking for Instagram, Facebook, Amazon, Google Maps, iOS Android | URLgenius

They have a free account that will do exactly what you want. On desktop, it will direct to the desktop link. On mobile and tablet, it will open the app. Can also specify what to do if the app isn't installed (Eg. go to facebook in mobile browser or send them to app store).

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines