Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images wont load after uploading website to FTP

New Here ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have an issue with Muse, when previewing my website on browser and  even exporting to HTML images show normally, however after uploading to FTP, images wont load at all, i did use some third party widgets and after deleting them and re uploading the site, images still wont load.

i have used the app in the past and never got this problem. is there a way to fix it?

A)  Is this  a possible bug with how Muse generates the code?

B) is it a problem of the path in the directory?

c) is this a widget conflict causing the images to not show on the web.

I´m uploading the site trough Adobe Muse FTP.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need a link to your site to have a look at.

A) There is definitely no Muse bug preventing images to be shown.

B) There can’t be a path issue, because Muse creates folders and paths by its own.

C) We can’t know, because we don’t know the 3rd party widgets you are using.

Try this:

• Check your images’ file names. They must not contain any special character (ü,ä, ü, @, %, “ „,  …)
  • Sign into the server, delete all site data from there and publish again from Muse, using the option to publish „all files“, not only the modified ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks a lot,

I have checked the images file extensions and they seem to be just fine no special characters at all.  i'm almost positive it's some kind of issue with the server blocking the images.some kind of permissions could be blocking the path of the directory.

I have deleted and re upload using "all files" option as you suggested but still image files wont load, i did how ever upload my website to a different domain i use for testing only and voila! the site works as intended.

A) site where the images wont load : http://www.guizu.com.mx/

B) same site uploaded to different server where images are shown as intended. www.herreriadigital.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a server problem  When I right-click to show image, I get a 403 forbidden error code.

http://www.guizu.com.mx/images/logo%20guizu%20web73x70.png?crc=4204324542

Also you should refrain from uisng spaces in file names.  Those spaces all have to be converted to %20 entities to work and sometimes that can create more  problems.  Rename your image logo73x70.png.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback. I think, you should talk to your provider …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try uploading the site in another server. Maybe you actual server has a problem.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines