Inbrowser editing and lightboxes

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

English

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Hi Everyone,

i have the following Problem with Inbrowserediting and lightbox.

I created for my client a Website and he wants to edit his page afterwards by his own. Now i created also a "WORK" site with a lightbox with 6 images. In Inbrowserediting i can edit the picture of the thumbnail but the picture in the lightbox doesn't change .

Is it possible to fix that?

Furthermore is it possible to add a thumbnail? so that the lightbox have 7 images instead of 6?

Greets

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

In German

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Hallo Community,

ich habe folgendes Problem mit Inbrowserediting und Lightboxes.

ich habe für einen Kunden eine Website erstellt und er will im nach hinein Bilder und Text ändern können, was eigentlich ja kein problem sein sollte mit Inbrowserediting. Jetzt habe ich aber auf der WORK site eine lightbox mit 6 Bildern erstellt. Und in Inbrowserediting kann ich die Bilder der Miniatur ändern aber das Bild in der Lightbox ändert sich nicht.

Kann mir da jemand behilflich sein?

Außerdem, Ist es möglich die miniatur zu vergrößern in dem man ein Bild hinzufügt, sodass die Lightbox statt 6 Bildern 7 hat?

Greets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

I found out, like you as well, that changing the thumb doesn`t change the picture.

I also found that changing only the picture is also not enough.

As of this reading my experience: you have to change both – the thumb and the picture.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-12 um 21.37.32.png

Not a big deal, because once you have uploaded the picture you can use the same in your "upload panel" on the right hand side

and choose the same picture.

I really think, this is a bug, because this could be really annoying, if you have more than 6 pictures to change on

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The picture in the lightbox should change and so the picture in thumbnail.

As I don´t know how you tried to change, maybe it works, if you change the picture and not the thumb?

I also have to try this. I`ll be back with this soon.

No your client cannot add an additional picture to the slideshow so that there are 7 instead of 6.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out, like you as well, that changing the thumb doesn`t change the picture.

I also found that changing only the picture is also not enough.

As of this reading my experience: you have to change both – the thumb and the picture.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-12 um 21.37.32.png

Not a big deal, because once you have uploaded the picture you can use the same in your "upload panel" on the right hand side

and choose the same picture.

I really think, this is a bug, because this could be really annoying, if you have more than 6 pictures to change on more than one page.

What do you think Preran​? Or ankushr40215001​? Or Günter Heißenbüttel​ and Ussnorway​, not to forget Pavel Homeriki​.

I am using the latest of muse and OS X 10.12.6 and

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-12 um 21.48.16.png

Feel free to check: In-Browser Editing - Loading

and tell me what you need to do inbrowserediting on this site:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-12 um 21.51.27.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can say is that IBE is a pain. So I do not use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agreed... I don't use it since they changed the ui last year

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A client (an elementary school) from me uses it since they changed it last year and it works good so far, as they don`t have too many changes from month to month (the schedule of a school like this is quite obvious on the beginning of one schoolyear).

Of course any CMS might be easier and more reliable. My client is still happy with it, though.

This lightbox-IBE issue is maybe not really a bug, maybe it was just not thought after enough? Kind of "forgotten to do it"?

Thanks mates, the ACP state make them hurry up, I hope?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines