Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InBrowser Editor - text not synchronized in breakpoints

Participant ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello (anybody out there still using "the dead program"? ;-),

If my customer wants to update his texts in the InBrowser editor, does he have to do this in every breakpoint, is that the case?

Do the textschanges in IB not synchronize automatically in the individual breakpoints as it does in Adobe Muse?

http://murielzoe.com/visual.html#news

I'm happy about your help.

Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on how you setz up the website: adaptive or responsive. In the first case you could have set it all to synchronized content but this may be not the case. In the second case (responsive) your client changes it one time and all should be pretty much easy.

BUT if you changed content between breakpoint (by hide in breakpoint for example for certain elements) your client has to have at least a closer look for all breakpoints.

Your site looks pretty easy done with responsive, so it should not be a real problem. Why don`t you check it for your client and let him know?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Uwe,

yes, the Website is responsive. And I tried to edit the site via IB already. I have the same synchronisation problem.
The Site is more or less a one-pager – other elements might be hided, or slightly different, but the text-block (news) should be on every breakpoint identical.

Hm?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only restriction in "normal" cases (whatever that means): elements from master pages can not be edited in IBE. With which element do you have issues?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the text-container (menue point "news")...

VISUAL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, from my side I cannot see any issue - hm!?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I suspected that the text block contained a bug, I replaced it with Muse with the same content.

After I published the page again, I put the word "test" in IB in Breakpoint 1920px. This change is then synchronized in these breakpoints: 960px and 768px. In the breakpoints 320px, 480px and 1366px the change was not accepted. Here is also missing the bottom of the two dotted lines?

Strange is also that when scrolling down in the IB undesirably the lightbox gallery opens up by itself ...

Incidentally, the same problem also exists on the music site ... here, no changes are made in the lower breakpoints 320px and 480px ...

MUSIC

What's going on there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What is the easiest way to test the page for you to test in the Inbrowser Editor without having to change my password?

Best regards

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There´s no other way than change password. Before we continue, maybe it is easier, if you share your muse with me by CC or dropbox and I´ll have a look, if something specific with the file is wrong. If so, please reduce your .muse as much as possible to maybe only one page? Also, before sharing the original ftp - credentials, duplicate the site and publish it on a subfolder of your clients ftp like www.yourclient.de/test.

I really don`t want to work on an online site if possible. Of course, if we don`t find the culprit this way we still can use the original file.

Does this male sense to you? Not that you could not trust me (you can indeed ) but for your client it may sound better not to do the original site, if you know what I mean.

Anyway - for credentials stuff, I recommend to send a private message. And because you´re in Hamburg, maybe it´s easier in German then? Let´s see

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines