• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InlineWrapperPageItem crash

Participant ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make a responsive site that includes a few photos, with captions underneath, embedded in the text. The only way to make the photos lay out properly in the phone and tablet sizes is to create separate pages for those that are hidden in other breakpoints. I managed to do this, but I can't upload it to BC to test it, because it crashes with this warning.

Is it simply impossible to have a responsive site with captioned, embedded photos in the texts that look ok in all breakpoints? This is becoming incredibly frustrating.

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 8.39.03 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have created a new thread for this error.

No worries we can continue the discussion over here with reference to our previous conversation in this thread - Re: Can you hide images with wrapped text in breakpoint?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Ankush -- I posted this over here before I saw that Günter had tagged you with the question. Thanks for your offer of help!

I copied the main text elements with the wrapped object on a page in a blank Muse file, across the different breakpoints. I suspect the issue may be that I have tried to separately format the wrapped images in the smaller breakpoints. Only this time I wasn't even able to do that on the phone size -- it is the same as on the larger pages.

If I could even just be able to resize the image in the smaller breakpoints, as I can in the larger breakpoints, I might not have to try to recreate the pages in the smaller breakpoints separately. It is frustrating. I will need to have captions on other pages; not including any captions anywhere in the site is not an option.

At any rate, I hope it makes sense what I'm trying to do! Thank you for your help!

https://we.tl/xGW7uUreuQhttps://we.tl/C7FcANf2Ik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS It should only have been one link -- there is only one file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the multiple postings! But I just realized that I wasn't very clear in my description. What I meant by "separately format the wrapped images in the smaller breakpoints" was that I tried separately pasting the entire text box with object, hidden in other breakpoints, with the desired text layout in the smaller breakpoints. Looking at this recreated file, I'm not sure that's what happened here, at least not on the phone-sized breakpoint. Hmm. At any rate, I hope this makes sense, and that you can recreate the crash issue. Please let me know if you need another file or other info. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I just answered my own question. I could upload this sample file to BC without the crash. I could not do that with the full site that has separate layouts in some of the breakpoints (I'm not sure why they didn't copy over to this example page). I'm assuming this is the issue.

So my remaining question is, how can captioned images be inserted across breakpoints so that they don't hang off the screen or look badly placed in the smaller breakpoints? Günter's suggestion of placing entire separate text boxes in the problem breakpoints sounded like the obvious solution, but that seems to be what is making it crash, from what I can tell, at least with captions.

If I don't use separate text boxes in the smaller breakpoints: I can resize the images across the bigger breakpoints without a problem, but I haven't been able to do that in the smaller breakpoints, or at least not well. It's kind of hit and miss and frustrating.

I'm sorry for the multiple postings and confusion, but I didn't want you to waste time trying to recreate a crash that isn't happening on this particular version of the file. If you have any other suggestions for placing wrapped images with captions in smaller breakpoints so they fit well -- or on how to have separate text boxes with the same text and images placed separately in different breakpoints without making it crash -- I'd be grateful.

Sorry again for the multiple postings! I hope I am making sense. Thank you for your help! It is much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: With the full site, and with the same image and caption across all breakpoints, I can't even preview the page in the browser without the same warning and crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines